Best, cheap lightweight turnout rugs?

tamsinellen

Visit site
I have a new horse arriving on thursday that I have to buy a wardrobe for!! He is coming with nothing, but I have a vast supply of tack (from previous horses & friends) the only thing I am lacking is a lightweight turnout. As the weather forecast for the end of the week is not too brill and he is a poor doer TB I suspect I need one ASAP! he is currently 6ft 3, but will fill out and is likely to be in 6ft 6 rugs by the winter. Any suggestions for a decent but cheap lightweight?

vallin

Visit site
ditto amigo, 600D is perfectly good though. Also not sure if they still do it but tesco used to do a value raincoat which half the horses at our yard have and they seem really good

Governor

Visit site
Was also going to suggest Amigo 600.

Before ned got confined to box rest (he now wears a cotton sheet version) he was wearing this and it is in much better shape than more expensive alternatives we've used before.

lvxat

New User
Visit site
Amigo lightweight and now Amigo medium turnout are fantastic - most waterproof and breathable turnout rug my horse has ever had - Rambo supreme for mid winter - other ranges do not come close

fatpiggy

Visit site
Just bought a Shires Typhoon with a neck, no filling for £39.99 postage-free from Hope Valley Saddlery, via Ebay. I ordered it Monday lunchtime and it was delivered the following morning! I bought it via TopCashback too so will get a pound or so cashback too :) Used it yesterday in horrible conditions and she came in lovely and warm and dry.