Best company to get devils root

Peter7917

Visit site
Putting a horse on devils claw root.

Is it better in liquid or powder?
Which company is best? Struggling to figure out what to for, seen one company claiming to have twice as much in the product as market leader 'No bute'

Confused.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Following this post.

I have my horse on Devil's Relief which seems to have had a positive effect in its liquid form but was considering if there was a better (cheaper!?) Option

Shady

Visit site
https://www.hiltonherbs.com/en-straight-herbs-and-tinctures-es/a-d-es/devils-claw-root-en

Pure DC which may be worth a try as you are just getting what you want with no fillers.

This, i spent ages researching it and have had one of mine on it from HH for over a year, the difference in his movement and general happiness is amazing.
I give 15-20mg a day sprinkled in a bit of chaff or whatever, bit of apple , carrot and a dollop of Turmeric. There is an argument that it works better in liquid form or by seeping the root before use but it is working fine in it's raw state. I always prefer to buy a herb in it's natural state from a good company.
I tend to give my horse a break in the warmer weather as i don't think he needs it so much then and it is a strong herb but i leave him on turmeric permanently.

moon_drop

Visit site
I buy pure dried DC off E-bay and make a wee "tea" from it with hot water then leave to cool then pop in their tea. much cheaper this way a 1kg bag last a Shetland and tb cross 4mths. Works well for my older two I ran out just after Christmas and I could really see a difference the week they had without, wont run out again.

be positive

Visit site
my vet today said the most effective version of Devil's claw is this one audevard-harpagyl

- https://www.petdrugsonline.co.uk/ho...being/vitamins-and-minerals/audevard-harpagyl

Said it was 6 times more concentrated than any other Devil's claw sold in UK and more effective.

Anyone use this?

As it is "diluted" to only be 50% DC I don't see how it can be better than the herb in an unadulterated form, I wouldn't want the molasses, alfalfa, brewers yeast etc. although it may be they help it work better I would still prefer to feed something I know has not been
premixed.

wingedhorse

Visit site
As it is "diluted" to only be 50% DC I don't see how it can be better than the herb in an unadulterated form, I wouldn't want the molasses, alfalfa, brewers yeast etc. although it may be they help it work better I would still prefer to feed something I know has not been
premixed.

If you search “Harpagophytum procumbens” which Vet said is a particularly strong type of devils claw, it seems to typically be sold at 5% active ingredient strength unspecified active ingredient strength.

My Vet said most of the devils claw products sold in U.K. are v weak amounts of active ingredients.

Much of the Equestrian devils claw roof sold is not specified as Harpagophytum procumbens so likely to be a less strong version.

Vet said the amount of devils claw active ingredient provided by the supplement I linked to was six times the concentration/ strength of anything available in U.K. and that’s allowing for fact it’s got bulking agents to make it more palatable.
If you search “Harpagophytum procumbens” which Vet said is a particularly strong type of devils claw, it seems to typically be sold at 5% active ingredient strength unspecified active ingredient strength.

My Vet said most of the devils claw products sold in U.K. are v weak amounts of active ingredients.

Much of the Equestrian devils claw roof sold is not specified as Harpagophytum procumbens so likely to be a less strong version.

Vet said the amount of devils claw active ingredient provided by the supplement I linked to was six times the concentration/ strength of anything available in U.K. and that’s allowing for fact it’s got bulking agents to make it more palatable.

My vets not really got a vested interest, though I’ve not audited basis of his views.
My vets not really got a vested interest, though I’ve not audited basis of his views.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
H.procumbens is just the latin name for all Devil's Claw plants (well apart from the couple of other, unrelated, species that also go by the common name of Devil's Claw - but noone is claiming health benefits for those as far as I can tell). It is not particularly strong, it is just correctly named. The Hilton Herbs product is 100% dried H.procumbens. The 50% product linked may be strong for a liquid tincture, which is probably what your vet means. And possibly the liquid form is more readily absorbed... not sure. Personally I'm going to be trying the Hilton Herbs when my Devils Relief runs out.

Shady

Visit site
H.procumbens is just the latin name for all Devil's Claw plants (well apart from the couple of other, unrelated, species that also go by the common name of Devil's Claw - but noone is claiming health benefits for those as far as I can tell). It is not particularly strong, it is just correctly named. The Hilton Herbs product is 100% dried H.procumbens. The 50% product linked may be strong for a liquid tincture, which is probably what your vet means. And possibly the liquid form is more readily absorbed... not sure. Personally I'm going to be trying the Hilton Herbs when my Devils Relief runs out.

This, it works best in its purest form, you may get a quicker absorption in liquid form but not a better quality unless you use just the root and buy from a reputable company .