best coolers?

NOISYGIRL

Visit site
Which is the best cooler to get? There is sooo much choice waffle, cotton, fleece, etc.......:confused:

Rambo amigo skrim coolers are brilliant, I'd say suitable for the summer though, not warm enough for winter, in winter I'd use more of a heavier type

The skrim drys my horse after a bath/wash down really quickly, I also travel him in it on hot days so if he sweats on the journey it gets rid of it

I do like the weather beeta netty one with fleece along the top, I think they do them in pink or blue

Rambo do a lovely newmarket fleece, I have it in blue/white/cream stripe, they do it in brown too

Hannahbelle83

Visit site
depends how much you want to spend really, I have been told by several people that thermatex or Mark Todd Coolex rugs are the best coolers to have, they wick away the moisture while allowing the horse to cool slowly and not get a chill. I'm going to get one but they are between £70 and £100 depending on where you get them - eBay is probably the best bet.

I have found a fleece does a good job as does a waffle rug (i use both at the moment). I also go for a thatched "string vest" under another sheet if my horse is wet from rain, which is the cheapest option.

potty_4_piebalds

Visit site
I love my shires thermo quilt its quite a heavy fleece so is brilliant for the winter and in the summer i have got just a cheap wheatherbeeta cooler that does the job x

Baileyhoss

Visit site
I have a box full of sheets and fleeces, but the best ones and probably the only ones I use are:

Thermatex for cooler weather
Coolmasta for warmer weather

If I add up the cost of all the other onces I have, it would have paid for those twice over.

gummybear

Visit site
Thermatex all the way if you dont mind paying a bit extra (or look on ebay!). They do a variety of weights depending on the time of year, but they are excellent. Otherwise - I go a Bucas one free a couple of years ago and that is also excellent and cheaper than the Thermatex

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Thermatex is the best I've ever had; tho' not cheap. Problem is that I had it for my old horse who had to be PTS and now I can't bear to see it on anyone else - pathetic I know.

I got a cheap and cheerful fleece for £20 at a show and that's been good, having said that. The advantage is you can just bung it in the machine when it gets mucky.

NOISYGIRL

Visit site
Forgot about thermatex, probably cos I can't afford one !

They are the BEST, if you can afford one thats what I would go for and they last forever

posie_honey

Visit site
for cold weather - thermatex (or i have the colin cook copy and love it)

for warmer weather = weatherbeeta wick-dry - i have the full neck version and love it

for warm weather - you can't beat a good old fashioned string vest tbh! i have one that has the tiny holes and use it al lot in summer

i really don't rate fleeces for coolers