Best country boots?

crystalclear

Visit site
Hi all,

Which country boots do you recommend that last and do not leak? I had Ariat windemeres, but they are just no good! I have also read countless reviews about them not lasting. So which do you find are good and last?

Would love Dubarrys but just too expensive...thank you!

crystalclear

Visit site
Thank you for the feedback! I've heard good things about grasmeres too. I know they're about £250 and prob certainly worth it in the long run, but are there any boots around the windemeres price (£160 or less) that are any good?! Or is it just not possible...

silv

Visit site
I have a pair of Mountain Horse ones, they are great, not sure of the price as I got them in a sale.

Mountain Horse and Ariat gear seems to be usually of a similar price range.

DirectorFury

Visit site
I've got Toggi ones and they've been worn daily since Christmas and still look new when I clean all the mud and gunk off them. They've been used mostly for traipsing through deep mud and mucking out so it's not like they've had an easy life!

rowan666

Visit site
i currently have a pair of toggi calgary and only bought them because they were cheap and cheerfull to last till next payday that wasnt already spent before i got it, but ive had them well over a year now and wear them every single day and bear in mind i do actually work in them aswell as jst go to the yard, ride and walk the dog in them and they still look amazing! really comfy to ride in too but sizing is on the large side!
toggi houston boots are cheap and ridiculously comfy, i love them but they didnt last long the winter (i really did not look after them very well though)

_Annie_

Visit site
Bought a £60 pair of gallop Gateley boots about three years ago, they were comfy from the outset & stayed waterproof through two winters. I still wear them when it's dry because they're soooooo comfortable! They're still available now.

Got a pair of Kanyon Gorse boots £100ish off ebay) as I loved the look of them - sole is extremely lacking, wore out within 6 months :-(

Dublin Edge - picked mine up for around £80, not waterproof if it's very wet/you have deep mud to continously trudge through. Your feet *seem* dry for a bit, then you notice your toes are soggy! Impossible to wear the following day if they got wet previously, as they'll be sodden inside :-( shame, because they're quite lovely.

Dublin River - I don't have these but several people on the yard do and love them. One has had hers three winters & they're still going strong.

Tuffa Suffolk - fantastic boot. Totally waterproof, warm, seriously strong & very comfy. Too warm in fact until the dead of winter lol

Got a pair of Tuffa Norfolk on their way to me now, though not a country boot they'll get a battering with me so I'll update this when I've had them a while :)

cobalobM

Visit site
HKM Madrid boots!! Had mine 3 years and still going strong, although this will probably be their last winter, they only cost me £60!

Piaffe123

Visit site
HKM Madrid boots!! Had mine 3 years and still going strong, although this will probably be their last winter, they only cost me £60!

Another vote for HKM Madrid boots. I've had mine about 18 months now and they're still perfect, have ridden, mucked out, walked round Badminton and Burghley, walked dogs, etc all the time in them and they're fab. Very comfy too.

nfpony

Visit site
i too have the ariat grasmeres. not the cheapest but you really do get what you pay for - i had my last pair for 4/5 years and they're only just starting to leak a bit. super comfy, feet are always warm and dry in winter but not too hot in summer. they're also really comfortable to ride in. i got mine for about £190 in a sale. love them!

I*HM

Visit site
Any reviews on Cabotswood boots? Lovely looking boots but not sure how hard wearing they are and have my eye on a pair with a birthday coming up :p

I have a pair of long leather lacrosse boots - not sure how easy there are to come across in store in the UK but I picked mine up for 50 quid in TK Maxx Christmas before last - marked down from 220 or something ridiculous. Have to say, I wear them day in, day out - literally every day. During holidays and weekends, they are my yard/dog walking boots and then give them a quick polish and I wear them to uni during the week :eek: The inner lining has gone but they are still 100% waterproof, very comfortable and so hard wearing. If I ever did come across another pair, I'd definitely buy them again!

Pie's mum

Visit site
I have Toggi Canyons. I bought them over a year ago and I've been really pleased with them - they still look reasonably new and are completely waterproof in spite of having been neglected - worn for mucking out and walking through mud and only ever hosed off!

zandp

Visit site
This year I tried the HKM Madrids, though good and surprisingly comfortable they are a poor relation to the Grasmere's and only lasted as waterproof for a few months. I'm splurging on Grasmere's this year, first pair lasted 4 years, second pair lasted 3 years.

Dizzle

Visit site
I have a pair of three year old Ariat Glaciers that have been beaten and abused and are still waterproof, the laces have only just started to go (slightly helped on by small pony trying to take my leg off in gate earlier this month).

I have a pair of Mark Todd country boots for just wearing in winter, they don't really do the horse stuff but they're handy for wet weather and don't smell of horse, they're only about 12 months old so they've already outlived my Dublin River boots.

pepsimaxrock

Visit site
You must be hard on boots. I have Ariate Windermeres and I love them. I am not tall so their leg length is perfect. A year ago - having had my first pair for four years - I bought another pair. I have hardly worn the new pair, just on the odd occasion when Id like to appear a bit more dressed but still wear country boots, as the older pair are still going strong. I wouldnt look any further and they are not badly priced