Best country boots

Limbo1

Visit site
I am looking for new boots. Always had Dubarry but last pair leaked at 9 months old so don't think worth the money anymore.
I like that style, ie pull on no laces or straps. What do people recommend? I have big feet, long legs and fit a normal calf fit ( but just).

Bluewaves

Visit site
I find toggi canyons last me a couple of years of yard work and hacking. They’re not too glamorous but I keep buying them as they are so comfortable.

AandK

Visit site
I have Ariat Windermere, very comfy and keep my feet warm and dry. Have had Dublin river boots and Mark Todd in the past, the Ariats are by far the best.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I have the mountain horse ones they are really lovely, I have had Ariat and Dublin in the past the arias split within months and the Dublin ones are still going and they are 5 years old.

Cowpony

Visit site
I've had good experiences with Toggi Canyons and Ariat Windermeres, but my current Ariats are a different style and they've never been waterproof. I've just ordered some Harry Halls on the basis that they were half price on the sale, so if they don't last it's not a disaster. Dublin River Boots were good, but the lining ripped at the heel after a while.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Seconded on the Windemeres, most comfortable boots I've ever owned (including non-horsey ones) and will stand up to an awful lot.

I would never buy Windermere’s again although I’m usually an Ariat fan. The two pairs I’ve had the lining came away and it was very difficult to get my foot out of the boot and I’d deliberately bought a size larger than normal because there are no laces or zip. The first pair I found that wool socks were the answer to not getting my foot stuck so I did buy a second pair. Those however I got my foot completely stuck after a couple of weeks and had to resort to cutting one of them off. Ariat were very unhelpful although in every other case except mine they seem to helpful. I found others have had the same issue.

I have Grasmeres, Devon pros, Tellurides and Bromonts with no issues.