Best Daily that can be used for towing?

LR2904

Visit site
I am looking to get something I can use daily (50 mile round trip to work) but can also tow 2 x 14.2 Welsh D's

As much googling as I have done still so confused on what's best on fuel...

Bluewaves

Visit site
Manual cars get better fuel economy than automatics. I had an older manual Santa Fe 4x4 that was pretty ok on fuel and could tow about 1900 kg.

A Tiguan seems to be cheaper to buy than a Santa Fe, be better on fuel but has less oomph.

ImmyS

Visit site
I had a Tiguan. Pretty economical. Drove from Kent to Cornwall and back on a tank and a half of fuel. Towing capacity of 2200kg or 2500kg depending on model. I decided to upgrade to a Touareg as don’t do many miles and wanted the extra towing capacity for my lump of an ID. Be aware that tow bars can be expensive to retrofit if you buy one without.

wren123

Visit site
I had a Tiguan. Pretty economical. Drove from Kent to Cornwall and back on a tank and a half of fuel. Towing capacity of 2200kg or 2500kg depending on model. I decided to upgrade to a Touareg as don’t do many miles and wanted the extra towing capacity for my lump of an ID. Be aware that tow bars can be expensive to retrofit if you buy one without.

However on the other hand Id generally rather buy one without a tow bar as the engine wouldn't have been worked so hard!

MagicMelon

Visit site
Tiguan or a Sportage? My mum has a Tiguan which we've towed with sometimes, but usually use my Sportage Sat Nav Edition. It tows my 16.2hh fine. I wouldnt tow much more but would think it'd be ok for 2x 14.2hhs. Its a fab car for daily ferrying kids to things and been good enough in the recent snow. Drives like a car.