Best Devil's Claw liquid

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
Thinking of trying some Devil's Claw on my horse who has slightly arthritic hocks. He had them jabbed last year but it didn't make much difference and I'm keen to try something else.

Devil's claw has been suggested. Can anyone recommend which brand of the liquid they use and whether its made a difference?

Auslander

Visit site
The only one I've used that has made a difference isn't a liquid - It's called Harpagyl, and it's made by Audevard. I get it from my vet, or one of the online pharmacies. It's the most powerful form of Devils Claw available, and it's palatable, which many aren't. It comes as small pellets, which Alf will happily eat from my hand (and he is a VERY suspicious sort!)

Bertolie

Visit site
Used to use NAF Devils Relief on my arthritic gelding. Highly recommend it although some people have said their horses didn't like the smell/taste, my gelding didn't seem to mind it and i loved the smell 🙂

Templebar

Visit site
Im sure i have used the naf one for years and my oldie when she smells it in the bucket will go nuts. I have used it with most of mine now and never had one not like it.

ShowJumperL95

Visit site
I use NAF Devils Relief on my old boy who gets stiff and it is amazing comes out of his stable after being in there all day really lose! I ran out of some for a week and noticed a difference in the way he moved. Would highly recommend it to anyone.

AGray825

Visit site
I usually turn to NAF Devils Relief or Global Herbs Alphabute (powder though) for mine if they need it (after work on hard ground or something of the sort) and they've never turned their noses up.
But I'm definitely a bit suspect using either long term and would potentially look into a high concentrate joint supplement (though they tend to be more expensive, especially the liquid varieties) or some boswellia (but I've only ever found that in powder form) for an arthritic horse that requires long-term comfort.

flying_high

Visit site
The only one I've used that has made a difference isn't a liquid - It's called Harpagyl, and it's made by Audevard. I get it from my vet, or one of the online pharmacies. It's the most powerful form of Devils Claw available, and it's palatable, which many aren't. It comes as small pellets, which Alf will happily eat from my hand (and he is a VERY suspicious sort!)

this - it is recommended by my ultra cynical vet too. None of the others come close IMO.