Best diet for cats

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
My bengal is just over a year old and is a very active outdoor cat. I think he could do with carrying some more weight, so, aside from the regular worming sessions, what are the best dried cat foods out there? Has anyone tried a raw diet for cats ? Thanks in advance.

LittleBlackMule

Visit site
Natural Instinct to a complete raw food for cats. It is like their dog food - meats with bone and vegetables frozen in a tub, and the cat version has cranberry too for UT health. Mine love it, all except the venison which ended up going to the dog.

Mrs B

Visit site
My two Bengals are also on Natural Instinct - and thriving with glossy coats. We do feed Nature's Best dry food too, although very little of it. I find it interesting that their breath is much less smelly than 'cat breath' normally is and when the younger one was still using a tray before her spaying, you didn't have to fumigate the neighbourhood after she'd had a poo!

cloverleaf1985

Visit site
Those that feed natural instinct, it comes in a big block doesn't it?

Do you defrost a whole block at once and leave it in the fridge?

I want to try my 2 on this but as it's expensive, i don't want to waste money if i have to chuck loads away because it goes off before i use it all....

Mrs B

Visit site
Those that feed natural instinct, it comes in a big block doesn't it?

Do you defrost a whole block at once and leave it in the fridge?

I want to try my 2 on this but as it's expensive, i don't want to waste money if i have to chuck loads away because it goes off before i use it all....

Yes, I take them out of the freezer the day before I need them. I reckon that a block lasts 4 to 5 days when de-frosted for 2 cats.