Best digestive feed supllements?

Qru

Visit site
Hi all,
I have a TB that has lost condition recently, we think due to stress, which has caused a digestive upset.
His coat is dry and brittle, has loose stool and has lost weight.
We were told to try a digestive supplement for him, to see if this will ease his discomfort and allow better absorption of food.
He is on a regular feeding regime, always has water avaliable, we have added apple juice to his water to encourage him to drink aswell.
We use pink powder senior on our other horse and he is in excellent condition, but was wondering whether anyone has any better recommendations?
Thanks,
Qru

Buzzybee11

Visit site
We use a product recommended by our vets which is called protexin and contains pre and pro biotics, we use two supplements gut balancer (a powder) and acid ease which is to help prevent ulcers (a pellet) which also contains the same ingredients as the gut balancer aswell as kaolin and other additives to prevent acid damage and support the gut. They are both very good supplements and the service is excellent when bought directly from the supplier.

Langley

Visit site
I have a horse with a digestion problem (long story trust me)

I find Yea Sacc has really helped him. You can get it from Feedmark. I also give him some Aloe Vera juice

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Can you get brewers yeast out there? It is the base for things like Pink Powder and contains many minerals needed; it also has B12 in it so very good for the digestive tract. It also has the benefit of because the horse is able to digest food better with something like BY, it has a very good effect on the skin and hooves condition; for some horses, because their gut is more settled, it acts as a calmer on them too.
BY and micronised linseed are my supplements of choice every time and work out very much cheaper than branded products where you are paying for a name.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I use Protexin Gut Balancer for the new one. He can be a bit stressy and does get an upset tummy sometimes (there are no underlying medical problems and nothing sinister, just a runny tummy occasionally). I initially tried yea-sacc, which I use for the big horse with great success, to no effect so have moved him onto Protexin which had sorted him out.

I also rate Baileys Digest Plus, used that for a previous horse with success.