best dog food for my young collie?

ladyearl

vvv
Apologies if this has been done to death but I did a search and didn't come up with anything.

Tess came to me from the Rescue eating JWB lamb and rice junior so for now I've kept her on that. Thing is she's underweight and to put on weight she needs to eat quite a lot of it and I am not convinced she really likes it that much. So I am starting to think about another diet for her and was wondering about the Acana or even the Orijen food.

She is 11 months old and has quite busy days out walking with me.

So what to you feed your dogs and why?

thanks in advance :)

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
:D lucky you having a collie.....lots of fun.......there are quite a few posts on diet, you may need to search again for different headings like "what is best dog food" "what does everyone feed their dogs"........i cant really help as i feed jwb turkey and rice kibble which keeps my lurcher and collie cross in great condition...whatever you do DO NOT feed bakers......its not a good food for any dog........lots of hho 'ers recommend fish4dogs or skinners and quite a few feed raw......i would feed her twice a day and increase the amount gradually until you are happy with her weight. if she needs tempting you could add warm water to the food or make up some gravy to add.......your dog is better to be a little lean rather than fat and if she has plenty of energy , dont worry too much......you could always get your vet to check her weight if you are still worried.......can we have piccies please????? also has she been wormed recently?

Taffyhorse

Visit site
I feed my 5yr old Border Collie on Arden Grange. I chose it because it was one of the better dry foods on the market that was within my budget. I think a couple of others on here feed their collies on it too - mine does really well on it. He also gets half a small pouch of JWB Turkey and Rice wet food to mix in and has tinned sardines in oil a couple of times a week.

ladyearl

vvv
Wormed three weeks ago. Don't worry I understand enough about food not to feed Bakers and feeding to break it into more than one feed. Might try Arden Grange, local feed supplier very knowledgeable so will discuss further there.