Best dog food

Triskar

Visit site
http://www.whichdogfood.co.uk/dog-food-directory.php lists most dog foods with an analysis of the ingredients. I feed raw atm but am migrating to Markus Muhle cold pressed complete complete as it's much more convenient and scores 4.5 out of 5, and it costs about the same as raw. Might move to Eden Holistic when used up the Markus Muhle as it gets 5 out of 5 (is 80% meat, 20% veg and no cereal) and doesn't cost much more.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I struggled to get weight on my cocker spaniel, had been a fussy eater for a long time, only ate pedigree wet food, but I tried him on Lathams vet food from tesco and it worked a treat, it's dry so lasts longer and 6.50 for 3kg or 25.00 for bigger bag. Definitely recommend it. It's done jake wonders.

Wouldn't touch it or anything else from a supermarket.

I'm a veterinary secretary (as of next week :D) and I feed a raw diet.

Are you?! Well done! Didn't catch this, did you do a thread?

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Are you?! Well done! Didn't catch this, did you do a thread?

Ta. :D I updated the original whiney woe-is-me thread. The short version is that they called me a week later and asked quite sheepishly if I'd come for a second interview for a receptionist role, this time at my local surgery one street away, for more money. Will save me about £200 a month in fuel as well - oh, and a 20% staff discount. :)

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Ta. :D I updated the original whiney woe-is-me thread. The short version is that they called me a week later and asked quite sheepishly if I'd come for a second interview for a receptionist role, this time at my local surgery one street away, for more money. Will save me about £200 a month in fuel as well - oh, and a 20% staff discount. :)

Ecstatic for you!! Why did they not grab you the first time they saw you?! That's a fair saving! :)

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Ecstatic for you!! Why did they not grab you the first time they saw you?! That's a fair saving! :)

I did a little jig while she called me to tell me I'd got it, I was that excited. :D

Apparently I was overqualified for the one I went for (not that they used that term when speaking to me but I have an ear on the grapevine who said that was the reason given :p). She said I'd done such a good job convincing her why I wanted to switch to a purely drudge animal handling role that they were worried I wouldn't come back to do admin-y things, and were quite sheepish about it. Turns out someone at this other surgery (my local one, one street away, already very close links because of my own dogs etc.) wanted to go part time and transfer to another surgery so they'd created another full time role there and had me in mind for it during the first interview.

I start on Tuesday - full time, normal hours but an hour's lunch break so the dogs can have a 45 minute walk in the middle of the day as I'm only 30 seconds away. Same money I was on in previous job but like I say, huge fuel saving and 100% more job satisfaction - I am legitimately allowed to munch puppies all day so long as the phone isn't ringing. :D