Best ergonomic bridle

DressageCob

Visit site
Hello!

I currently have my big cob in a Micklem bridle. He goes well in it, but holds tension in his neck and jaw (which we are working on in lessons).

I am thinking about changing bridles and trying something new. I like the drop-like noseband on the Micklem, rather than anything with a flash.

I was looking at the PS of Sweden Nirak and the Pioneer (I can't decide which is better, since the Nirak has the fixed cheek pieces like a Micklem, but I'm not sure that's what we want/need).

I like the look of the Fairfax but not the price tag! I'm also not convinced it merits the extra money (but happy to be persuaded otherwise).

My priority is the padded headpiece, because my boy is a bit sensitive around the poll. But otherwise I'm not sure.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

He's in a NS turtle top tactic in case that makes a difference :)

blodwyn1

Visit site
I am using a ck equine bridle which has a lovely soft anatomic headpiece. Mine is a hunter style as I want to show in it as well.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
I also wanted something with a padded headpiece and got the Henry James Saddlery bridle with a cavesson noseband. Cost me about £100 in total and is really nice leather. Nice and soft from the get go and their packaging is lovely. They do 3 different widths of headpiece and I got the widest one. Would definitely recommend

McFluff

Visit site
I moved from the micklem to the nirak and so far so good.
Noseband wise they are very similar, and as that suits my horse that’s good. I personally think the nirak head piece is nicer. The cutaway over the mane works well.
Mine has a short muzzle so a normal drop doesn’t sit right on her. If it did, then I would have stayed with my sabre Córdoba. Lovely headpiece and no separate noseband over the head (it fastens on both sides).