Best Farriers in Kent???

Tinsel Town

Visit site
As the title really,

anyone got any recommendations as to who you would use and who has the best reputations as farriers in Kent?

thank you! :)

onemoretime

Visit site
Whereabouts are you in Kent. John Fuller is excellent nd takes his work very seriously. He is based at Paddock Wood nr Tonbridge.

HollyB66

Visit site
Gary Burton - Definitely the best!!!

Also, Richard Swift has done an ace job recently on some remedial work for a friend's horse.

Bikerchickone

Visit site
I used Tyrone Ripley when I lived in Kent. Don't know if he's still around or not though since we moved away 7 years ago. Paul Wiseman was also really good.

ImmyS

Visit site
Will second the Christ O'Connell comment, sorted out our laminitic pony and was good at the job however wasn't worth the constant waiting around, plus he's not the most gentle with the horses. We now have Richard who was chris's apprentice, however he is always on time if not early, not overly expensive and extremely kind with the horses! :)

ASBO Bob

Visit site
Another vote for Martin Harvey- North/East Kent area. Nothing is too much trouble and he really knows his stuff!

parva_equitum

New User
Visit site
I have used Chris Connell since he was an apprentice, and could not fault him. We have had some awfull problems with some of our horses and Chris is always at the end of the phone to come and help. I had my boy put down 2 weeks ago, he has had problems since I brought him as a 4 YO. Chris has managed to keep this horse sound and pain free for 15 years. And even on the days when he didn't want to be shoed Chris patiently and carefully managed to talk him round. My other horse can not cope without shoes and refused to walk, and Chris has come out at all hours to put his shoes back on that he pinged off, I knew this horse did this when I got him but Chris managed to stop him doing it in a matter of weeks. He may be late occasionaly but it is never by much and he always lets you know. I would never use another Farrier, I don't know what I will do when he retires. I have seen the state of other shoeings locally and they are appalling quality comapared to what Chris does.
If you dont know Chris do give him a go, ignore the touchy trolls please.

biggingerpony

Visit site
If you live in East Kent I use Simon Jones, he is a brill farrier and you can have such a laugh with him. He really helped me with my horses lameness last year and he'll go out of his way to help.

1Anastasia

Visit site
Not used Simon Jones myself but friends do and think very highly of him although his callout charges are high from what I've been told. I use James Charter and have done for many years now and he is fantastic. He always turns up when he says he will, has on more than one occasion dropped everything and come out to my mare on an emergency visit, is very good with the horses including youngstock and is a cheery soul as well!

ischa

Visit site
Clifford Martin , Paul wiseman ,
A lot use Tyrone ripley but heard he can be a right miserable g*t ,
avoid Barry ward

Wundahorse

Visit site
Trevor Stern is wonderful,as was his late father,Edgar.The forge in Yalding is still going and Trevor's son Dan is also a good farrier.Would not use Chris Connell as i have seen him do some very shoddy work,as he tries to do too many horses in one day.James Charter is brilliant,used to use him until i moved yards.Have used Gavin Morgan since,who is Stern trained(under old Edgar).Ian Jackson is also good and he does a few horses at our yard.Gary Burton has an excellent reputation but i have never used him.

Jemima_P

Visit site
We have used James Charter since he qualified, lovely guy, brilliant with the horses. He is always on time and happy to do anything. He dropped everything to help out with my old laminitic pony on many occasions. Also great with my wild youngster!

charliefox

Visit site
Another vote for Chris Connel, I have a very challenging youngster and Chrs has been nothing short of amazing with him. I also have a tiny fallabella and again he can be tricky for such a little thing and Chris is patient and gentle with him He has allways messaged when he is going to be late, an occupational hazzard for all farriers. Never had any issues with him , he has done 4 of my horses over the years and I have total faith in his advice and his workmanship.

parva_equitum

New User
Visit site
Another vote for Chris Connel, I have a very challenging youngster and Chrs has been nothing short of amazing with him. I also have a tiny fallabella and again he can be tricky for such a little thing and Chris is patient and gentle with him He has allways messaged when he is going to be late, an occupational hazzard for all farriers. Never had any issues with him , he has done 4 of my horses over the years and I have total faith in his advice and his workmanship.

Well said Charliefox, Spread the CC love xx:):)