Best Feed for weight gain ?

Horseback Rider

Visit site
16.2 TB gelding 11yrs old does 1 hour per day 6 days a week, a mixture of schooling & hacking

In at night with ad lib hay out in the day

Can't have cereals/ mix and nothing to sugary

And cheap as possible ?

Suggestions please

Thanks

glamourpuss

Visit site
I use micronised linseed. Also I've got a stressy type TB who drops weight easily, grass nuts really pack it back on him & keeps him sane. £9 a bag which lasts a month :)

Toffee44

Visit site
I used calm and Condition and calf milk powder half a cup and she put weight back on in the week. Now she has calm and condition, Alfa a oil and proper old fashioned sugar beet and haylage keeps her looking good :)

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
I used calm and Condition and calf milk powder half a cup and she put weight back on in the week. Now she has calm and condition, Alfa a oil and proper old fashioned sugar beet and haylage keeps her looking good :)

Can I ask why you use Calm & Condition and sugar beet when the the primary ingredient of the Calm & Condition is actually unmolassed beet pulp?

I too have had good results with milk powder but always use the SCA that is pure milk with no added extras as some of the additives in calf milk are not always ideal for horses.

wench

Visit site
If you want to use milk pellets - champion milk pellets for horses. Fed at the full amount, also has all the daily vits and mins in a horse needs.

That asides, wouldnt touch C&C for weight gain, dont like the stuff. Pure feeds condition, Baileys Outshine, Baileys Topline Cubes, or Topspec Balancer and Cool Condition cubes.