Best feed for weight gain?

LR2904

Visit site
Tried a few feeds now with little improvement, my Welsh B has dropped weight through winter and struggling to regain.

What do you all use?

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Try Top spec comprehensive, Allen and Paige Calm and condition, Pure feeds veteran mix (yes, I know your pony isn't not old, but it has great results on younger ones that don't need zing) and plenty of oil.
Some or all the above are my go to, but in particular veteran feeds for younger ones.

Have you ruled out worms, teeth, ulcers and the like?

Has Dr Green (aka grass) not sprung enough? Even my poor doer has come round now she's on good grass overnight and is now only on token feeds twice daily.

LR2904

Visit site
Try Top spec comprehensive, Allen and Paige Calm and condition, Pure feeds veteran mix (yes, I know your pony isn't not old, but it has great results on younger ones that don't need zing) and plenty of oil.
Some or all the above are my go to, but in particular veteran feeds for younger ones.

Have you ruled out worms, teeth, ulcers and the like?

Has Dr Green (aka grass) not sprung enough? Even my poor doer has come round now she's on good grass overnight and is now only on token feeds twice daily.

I did try a A & P one previously but unsure if the one you have mentioned! Never tried the other 2, will have a look into them now.

Yep teeth done about 2 weeks ago and nothing major, wormed regularly, and vets said unlikely to be ulcers last time I had them out to check her over.

Dr Green is starting to but taking his time, I have fenced off a section of garden and that is now hers to graze in evenings and weekends when we are around.

The Trooper

Visit site
Thanks that isnt one I have tried, I always get a little confused with baileys as they have so many options!

I only tried Baileys as a coincidence, our local carr's had some short dated stuff for sale a little cheaper and I gave it a go, difference was noticeable within a few days. Albeit it may have heated her up a little, she wasn't explosive in anyway.

LR2904

Visit site
I only tried Baileys as a coincidence, our local carr's had some short dated stuff for sale a little cheaper and I gave it a go, difference was noticeable within a few days. Albeit it may have heated her up a little, she wasn't explosive in anyway.

To be honest, if it sends her loopy I dont mind as long as she is happy and gains some weight :) think i may go get her a bag of this tomorrow morning :)

electric_circus

Visit site
Equijewel - hands down nothing else will throw the weight on them for less than half a kg per day.

This! Fed it to mine while hunting over the winter, with Baileys 4, Readymash Extra and micronised linseed. Plus ad lib haylage. The Equijewel isn't cheap, but very high calorie and non-heating without the bulk/additional cereals.

spacefaer

Visit site
Equerry Conditioning Mash. Complete feed so cost effective as you don't have to feed anything else. Puts condition on like nothing else - doesn't send them loopy, and makes them very shiny! As a bonus, my farrier has commented how much hoof growth my guys have had all winter - think 1-1.5 cm between 6 weekly shoeings.

Can't fault it as a feed - and I've tried most of them!