Best Fly Rug for Broad Shoulders

Lollysmum

Visit site
Sorry if this is a frequently asked question, but can anyone recommend a fly rug with a bit of extra room around the shoulders? Bought a Mark Todd last summer and it was fine, but 5year old 17.2 warmblood has clearly bulked out since then and it is doing an awesome job of rubbing his shoulders where the darts are! I can't believe we've got through the winter with no loss of mane or a rub to be seen and now it's warmed up he's got patches lol. Any recommendations gratefully received - I don't mind forking out if it is going to fit him right...

taraj

Visit site
watching with interest! I have previously bought my chunky boys the amigo fly rugs, they fit surprisingly well, but unfortunately they don't last long as mine like to play rough and the amigos rip very easily.

paddyrose

Visit site
Amigo XL Bug rug .Fits my very broad cob perfectly . Plenty of room round chest and extra deep. Great rug and not too expensive.

ashlingm

Visit site
I have a rescue heavyweight (really wide, big shoulders!) cob. I plan on doing a few shows with him in the summer so he will be clipped out. I was worried about him getting burnt so was on the lookout for a UV resistant rug. I've no idea how he is with flies etc

I have a Horseware Rambo XL turnout and they are really deep and generous around the chest so I reckon the Amigo XL Bug Rug will suit my guy :)