Best footwear to make it through winter...

HollyhedgePippa

Visit site
I know I know, talking about winter already but I've seen a lot of boots in sales.

So, my question: Which have you found are the best in winter?
The mud here normally gets above ankle height :eek:

I have Ariat Windermeres but I cannot bare to put them through winter, they're too beautiful for that. ;)

Alphamare

Visit site
I just use those cheap ish wellie types with the neoprene calves. I never get wet and there is plenty of room for thermal socks and tights. I have big ol calves!

kerrieberry2

Visit site
I've had my aigle willies for 12yrs this winter! they are still as good as new!! neoprene and really thick soles so your feet don't get as cool as normal/cheap willies!!

kerrieberry2

Visit site
hahahahahahah clearly have something else on the brain tonight! Fortunately I do mean wellies, for someone reason my laptop keeps changing it to the naughty word! clearly I must talk about the other things more than I talk about wellies hahahahah!!

HollyhedgePippa

Visit site
hahahahahahah clearly have something else on the brain tonight! Fortunately I do mean wellies, for someone reason my laptop keeps changing it to the naughty word! clearly I must talk about the other things more than I talk about wellies hahahahah!!

Terrible, absolutely terrible :p

Thanks for all of your replies everyone!
Has anyone tried the Ariat mudbusters?

PonyIAmNotFood

Visit site
After a google, I've just ordered myself some Hi-Tec walking boots for £40, cheap and will hopefully last a bit longer than the muckers and wellies I normally go through faster than socks.

Pendlehog

Visit site

I have a pair of mudbusters for work, they keep your feet very warm (far too warm for summer actually, but they will be fab for winter), they are lovely quality and very comfortable to walk in with a nicely shaped sole. They are reasonably generous in the calf, I would normally buy a wide fitting but can get away with these in a "normal" fit.

HollyhedgePippa

Visit site
I have a pair of mudbusters for work, they keep your feet very warm (far too warm for summer actually, but they will be fab for winter), they are lovely quality and very comfortable to walk in with a nicely shaped sole. They are reasonably generous in the calf, I would normally buy a wide fitting but can get away with these in a "normal" fit.

Brilliant, thank you!:)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
A mix of:
Grassmere's (for damned cold weather in the yard & out riding)
Hunter wellies for after work when its wet underfoot (or round the ankles!)
Bromonts for doing more than just pottering round the block

starryeyed

Visit site
Terrible, absolutely terrible :p

Thanks for all of your replies everyone!

I have had 2 pairs of mudbusters and they are lush, so comfortable, fit beautifully and keep your feet really toasty and warm - they are the only wellies I have been able to wear in winter without getting frozen toes. However! Both pairs I have had have cracked and split within about a month of non-strenuous use (I refused to put them in mud so early on in their lives and they had literally just been used to potter around a yard for an hour a day), and I believe this is quite a common fault. But saying this, the Ariat customer service is incredible and they have sent me replacements both times. It does put me off buying them as they are expensive and I'd like them to last! - but I will probably end up buying a 3rd pair as they are so nice to wear..... Have heard lots of good about Le Chameau & Aigle though so I should probably be more realistic and save for those!

Sugar_and_Spice

Visit site
I have a pair of Ariat mudbusters and they're great but they're an old pair. I've heard the new ones (same design but now made in a different place) aren't as long lasting. I normally get very cold feet but not in these and I like that you can ride in them too.

Mince Pie

Visit site
Ariat Grassmeres - gorgeous boots and with a hose off and quick going over with dubbing keeps them waterproof and doesn't dry out the leather. Mine are on their third year and still look like new :)

Boulty

Visit site
I've just replaced my old mudbusters which I had for about 5 or 6 years (granted some of those years they were only used for dog walking as I was away at uni) as they had developed a little split which rendered them no longer waterproof (was gutted and I've still got them as figure they'll come in for something as still fine apart from the split!). Have opted for a pair of the slightly posher version as have heard the nomal ones aren't quite as good anymore so hoping that the nicer ones may still be ok

Goldenstar

Visit site
Dubarrys Clare's for the yard .
I also have a pair of galways that I have for going out and about .
Ariat bromonts for riding.

horse.love92

Visit site
The original muck boots by muck boot co. you can ride in them, go in the muddy fields with them , they keep your feet lovely and warm and all you do is hose the mud off ! About £60-£70 but soooo worth it !