Best gloves for winter yard work?

Petalpoos

Visit site
My hands were frozen this morning in my usual Showa gloves (the stretchy ones with material backs and rubber palms). I have used Sealskinz in past winters, but find them hard to get on and off, especially if its damp, and a bit too thick. Anyone have any recommendations for warm, water resistant gloves?

Goldenstar

Visit site
If you can get the knitted type seal skins they are good for really bad weather you can get them on and off.
I love Roeckl polartex gloves thin and super warm good for riding and working but not water proof I put disposable surgical gloves under sometimes and use the sealskinz in really bad weather .
I do have lots of pairs of the Roeckl ones so I change them when they get wet .

Visit site

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
These, just make sure you go up a size as can be too snug. Also, keep them in warm place (I keep in car footwell and then pop by heater on way to yard)

https://www.safetygloves.co.uk/skytec-argon-waterproof-thermal-gloves.html

Great for yard.
Then I swap to insulated Ariat gloves for riding, if it's too cold for those then imho it's too blooming cold for me to ride!

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
Following.. my hands were freezing this morning filling hay nets!

I have been told Macwet are good.. but haven't invested yet. Believe it or not, never have I owned a pair of gloves. Clearly as I get older I feel the cold more as do need some for this winter!

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
I bought some from decathlon. Think they’re actually hiking ones as they have a grip on the palm but they are really warm, can still use my fingers without being too clumsy and were something like £7

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site

J&S

Visit site
I use ski gloves, either 2nd hand from charity shops or cheapies from Trago Mills. If you have a couple of pairs you can do a one on, one getting dry scenario.

Petalpoos

Visit site
Thanks for all the answers. As already mentioned, interesting to see the effect on the prices of being categorised as 'builders' v 'equestrian' for basically the same gloves. Am off to go and buy a couple of the recommendations and may report back :D

frostie652

Visit site
Fishing gloves!

They have the ends on the index finger and thumb cut off so you an do fiddly things and are often neoprene so waterproof and lovely and warm for your other digits 🙂