Best Glucosamine Joint Supplement?

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
Vet came out yesterday to check on my horse who went bi-laterally lame just before Christmas. Good news in that he is sound and vet very happy with him. However he thinks that Happy might have some changes to his near fore coffin joint and has suggested I put him on a joint supplement. He said that pure or as pure as you can get Glucosamine (HCL) was what was needed. I know Newmarket Joint Supplement is good and I used to use Nutri-Labs Glucosamine on my old horse but what is the best and also best value for money?

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
My horse has recently been diagnosed with arthritis in her fetlocks. At the moment, she is on Synequin as it is on insurance, but as it is over £100 a pot, I may look for an alternative when insurance runs out. My vet did say that the most effective supplements have to contain Chondroitin as well as glucosamine.

Quarrybank

Visit site
I use Arthriaid, which was recomended on here.
My horse has Bone Spavins, has had hock injections & I wanted to give him a suppliment as well to help prolong the time between injections.
I've been very pleased with it. I can't say whether it's the injection, the suppliment or both, but he's so much better moving & happy in his work.

Darkhorse

Visit site
I can highly recommend Cosequin Equine it is really good and I have had brilliant resuots with it.

Your insurance will cover it through your vets if you want to take that route. if not I would recommend buying it from America for less than half the price

FAYEFUDGE

Visit site
I'm currently using Equine America Glucosamine 10,000 and I'm very pleased with it...it only costs about £15.00 per tub!
smile.gif

dressagecrazy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm currently using Equine America Glucosamine 10,000 and I'm very pleased with it...it only costs about £15.00 per tub!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Im using the above also, i have used all the expensive one's for my arthritic TB & this is giving just as good results.

JessBoardman

New User
Visit site
Hi, I have had my horse on RiaFlex complete joint suppliment which is concentrated MSN, Glucosamine and chondritin. As it is pure compound with no fillers (like ash or cellulose) it is expensive (~£40 per tub) but it lasts 70 days and is fantastic! It has reduced effects of arthritis and joints clicking and also recovery after injuries. I can't reccomend it highly enough. I think it is only available online if you just put it into a search engine.
Good luck and I hope Happy gets better soon!

bailey14

Visit site
Equine Americas glucosamine forumulation is really good value for money. It is called Glucosamine 10,000 plus MSM and contains 10,000 mg 99% pure glucosamine hydrochloride plus 1650 mg of MSM per 30 gram serving which is absolutely incredible. Each tub lasts 2 months and you don't need to feed a loading dose if you have fed a joint supplement previously. The MSM that it has been proven to be ideal for bone spavin too.

JamesL

www.myspace.com
The Glucosamine in all these supplements is derrived from an animal source which i personally find questionable.

Look at www.mushroommatrix.com it is new and organic. Glucosamine natirally occurs in mushrooms along with anti-inflamatories and anti-oxidents. For maintenance you will only need P3 or for performance horse ECP but with specific joint problems use Joint matrix for a month or so.

When using this you wont need any feed ballancer, pro/prebiotic, calmers or biotin supplements.

to buy go to www.equilabs.co.uk (website is not as good as US one)