Best hand held lamp

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
for finding dogs at night in a large dark paddock please? Looking for a good strong long distance beam to spot where one of my more mischievous black labs has hidden herself at night, recall is an ongoing training issue!:rolleyes:

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Yes I thought of that - but the issue is - is the darling girl having a pee or just having a great time tracking every mamal and insect that has crossed the paddock in recent days. When you know she hasn't had one since about 3 o'clock in the afternoon it is a bit worrisome if she doesn't have one before bedtime and no chance she will do one while on the lead.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
I don't know what your budget is, but these are good...

https://civil-defence.net/delta.html

They do look good. Halogen bulb, switchable 50W/20W , audible low battery warning, IP 65... but £155 + VAT.
A Halogen lamp has an efficiency of about 16-24 lumens/W, so taking the middle value of 20lm/W this torch puts out 1000lm or 400lm

Ryobi 4892210152572 Seven 3W LEDs, so 21W total, 2300 lumens for about £80 without a battery.

millikins

Visit site
Yes I thought of that - but the issue is - is the darling girl having a pee or just having a great time tracking every mamal and insect that has crossed the paddock in recent days. When you know she hasn't had one since about 3 o'clock in the afternoon it is a bit worrisome if she doesn't have one before bedtime and no chance she will do one while on the lead.

Can you teach her to wee on command? She could have her wee on lead then go off and do her own thing.

Didn't read the bit about not going when on a lead. Mine's similar but doesn't have the same objection to an extending lead.

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Can you teach her to wee on command? She could have her wee on lead then go off and do her own thing.

Didn't read the bit about not going when on a lead. Mine's similar but doesn't have the same objection to an extending lead.

We have only just got her and she is 3 years old and very much left to her own devices in previous farm/stable home and was left to roam - we are working on the roaming off issues but lead work is very new to her. Where we live she will never actually have to be on a lead once we have cracked the roaming (getting there slowly).

We have tried the extending leads, you name it - but she will not do a thing on any sort of lead. So we have dog proofed one of our paddocks behind the house so she can wander around in there and choose when and where to toilet - trouble is after dark we cannot see if she has been or not and as she also used to live in an outbuilding I am guessing her toilet training might not be great - no accidents so far indoors but would be happier at night if I know she has been and is comfortable to be left all night.