best hat for back of head/neck protection

impresario08

Visit site
can anyone recommend a hat that is particularly good at protecting the top of the neck/back of the head? Freak previous injury means I must protect it - currently have a charles owen AYR but too little cover for my liking and doesn't quite cover that part!

henmother

Visit site
Would an airjacket not do the job ? I have one to protect my spine , which is held together with titanium rods and screws . If the airjacket goes off it will inflate to protect back/ neck .

pansymouse

Visit site
I agree an air jacket would be a better bet - my friend got one after a spine fusion and unfortunately came off a couple of months ago - it inflated right up the back of her neck to overlap her hat. Her back was completely protected, she just has a little bruising and stiffness in her thighs.

buddylove

Visit site
The Charles Owen 4 star gives fab coverage. I feel naked without it and wouldn't wear anything else now. I do wear an air jacket as well.

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
Charles Owen 4 star stands out for the best head coverage (I tried on every hat in the shop!) nothing compared. The hit air jacket comes right up the back of the neck.