Best Hats

jj_87

Visit site
My friend had a horrific accident whilst hacking with me yesterday with which if she hadn't been wearing a hat she wouldn't be here today.
Safe to say I checked how old mine was when i got back and mine is 7 years old so is probably time for replacement - i know i have had minor falls etc wearing it.
It is a gatehouse RXC which is super comfy, but I can't see any advertised so I suspect it may be no longer made.

Whilst I would love a Kask or Samshield, I just hack so I think it may be a bit too much of an investment for something that has to go out in what ever weather.
What other hats are great and comfy on the market? I am currently looking towards the Charles Owen 4* having previously had a pro 2.

Thanks in advance!

teapot

Visit site
I've got the Pro II plus and wouldn't change it for the world (after rattling my entire body in a Pro II)

CMcC

Visit site
If your current hat is Gatehouse, you may find a Charles Owen won’t be a good fit.

I have a couple of Gatehouse hats and have never found a Charles Owen I can wear. Wrong shaped head!

teapot

Visit site
If your current hat is Gatehouse, you may find a Charles Owen won’t be a good fit.

I have a couple of Gatehouse hats and have never found a Charles Owen I can wear. Wrong shaped head!

Most of the CO hats now come in two fits!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site

I’ve got a Gatehouse Conquest old version and a Charles Owen Wellington (velvet) for showing. Used to also wear the CO kids own. I think it depend on the actual style. The Fiona didn’t fit at all.

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
I used to be in an RXC but now have a CO pro 2 (round shape) it's nice enough but not as comfy as the rxc. I was advised that newer gatehouse aren't a similar fit to the rxc and I couldn't find anywhere to try gatehouse on. CO are easy to find everywhere!

AFB

Visit site
I have the CO 4Star and I LOVE it - it's so airy I can feel the breeze across my head when we go for a canter.

Plus super light and comfortable.