Best head cams / action cams for horse riding

lilly1

Visit site
Hello, I know there have been other posts on this topic before, but nothing too recent I think, hence seeking recommendations.

Given the safety concerns to hat attached cameras I'd be using it on my shoulder or chest. I'm not tech savvy at all so any recommendations for a simple to use camera for under £250 would be fab.

EchoInterrupted

Visit site
I got a used GoPro Hero 7 black off ebay for about £160 and absolutely love it. Great as an action cam and also very functional as a safety cam. You could definitely get one on ebay for around £200 or less

teach

Visit site
Ridereye on facebook. Only last for about 80 mins a charge, but smaller than an AA battery! Love ours for hacking, also has a voice activated mode, so can last longer if you use it that way. Around £99 I think!

jnb

Visit site
I have the Cambox camera, velcros to the underside of the peak of your hat and is very slim and discreet. So discreet I actually wear an old bullet cam attached with an elastic strap to my hat so drivers can see me recording!!

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Hello, I know there have been other posts on this topic before, but nothing too recent I think, hence seeking recommendations.

Given the safety concerns to hat attached cameras I'd be using it on my shoulder or chest. I'm not tech savvy at all so any recommendations for a simple to use camera for under £250 would be fab.
go pro 8 grey the one i use.

DirectorFury

Visit site
I use a GoPro Hero 9 with an elastic head strap, it sits behind the peak of my hat (rigid peak - Samshield) so it wouldn’t be possible to fall and have the camera crush ‘back’ into the hat.

Grajo

Visit site
I have the Cambox camera, velcros to the underside of the peak of your hat and is very slim and discreet. So discreet I actually wear an old bullet cam attached with an elastic strap to my hat so drivers can see me recording!!

Thought about this one. Cambox 4 Pro (499 euros). Is it worth it? How long the recording?

Iris1995

Visit site
Thought about this one. Cambox 4 Pro (499 euros). Is it worth it? How long the recording?

I bought a Cambox 4Pro. It didn’t work as it wouldn’t charge and after a long fight they replaced it but the replacement doesn’t work either and I had to pay an extra £100+ import duty for the replacement. Cambox do not respond to emails so I have an expensive camera in a drawer and use a brilliant Geekam camera that was under £50 and two years on is still working well every day. It appears that if the Cambox unit works it is really good but a significant proportion of the cameras are faulty.

Grajo

Visit site
I bought a Cambox 4Pro. It didn’t work as it wouldn’t charge and after a long fight they replaced it but the replacement doesn’t work either and I had to pay an extra £100+ import duty for the replacement. Cambox do not respond to emails so I have an expensive camera in a drawer and use a brilliant Geekam camera that was under £50 and two years on is still working well every day. It appears that if the Cambox unit works it is really good but a significant proportion of the cameras are faulty.
blimey!!

jnb

Visit site
My first V4Pro also didn't work, via the chat they sent me a new one before the old once was returned, I had an IS3 before this one and bought the V4Pro as the button was very fiddly on the IS3. However the V4Pro records for only 45 min at a push (quality superb however) - so I keep that for times I want to upload to YouTube and have the basic IS2 I think for everyday. It records for up to 2 hours, but you have to watch for import duty, I am surprised Cambox haven't reduced prices to the UK as I got clobbered £40 for my IS2 :(

webble

Visit site
I'm on a FB group called "Pass Wide and Slow" and they talk about cameras a fair bit on there!

I've heard people saying about the Technalogic one (think that's the name!) which will record both behind and in front. That's the one I would be considering.

Hope I've got the name right.
I have this one and really like it, it records front and back at the same time. I switch it between my bike and horse easily

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I got a cheap one off eBay. When I plugged it into the usb on my laptop it immediately blew all the usb ports ???. Computer shop couldn't fix it as it has blown something on the motherboard. Now still have no hatcam and no computer usb ports. Will replace the laptop one day but for now it will have to wait.

Reacher

Visit site
I use Boblov cameras which are clip on. The Vbandz safety camera waistcoats come with little pockets on the front and rear of the vest where you can attach the camera.
Sorry to bump an old thread but can I ask which model boblov you use? I am looking at the N9 which has better video quality (1289p) than their mini cameras but is lighter than their professional body cams.
Thanks

Tinsel

Visit site
I got a cheap one off eBay. When I plugged it into the usb on my laptop it immediately blew all the usb ports ???. Computer shop couldn't fix it as it has blown something on the motherboard. Now still have no hatcam and no computer usb ports. Will replace the laptop one day but for now it will have to wait.
That sounds bad I hop you can get laptop fixed soon