Best helmet in 2022 for round head shape?

Miss_Millie

Visit site
I'm looking for a new helmet, but I have quite a round head shape, so I find that some designs put pressure on my temples and give me headaches. Could any fellow round headed peeps recommend a good hat? Ideally I'm looking for a peaked hat rather than a skull cap.

k1994

Visit site
I struggle to get hats to fit my round head! Such a nightmare isn’t it! Had a charles owen one for a bit but was giving me sore temples also, then went to another hat fitter who told me that charles owen just did not fit my head shape even in their round fit, found champion to be the best fit and comfiest hat I’ve ever had, fits like a glove, defo give them a try!

Miss_Millie

Visit site
I struggle to get hats to fit my round head! Such a nightmare isn’t it! Had a charles owen one for a bit but was giving me sore temples also, then went to another hat fitter who told me that charles owen just did not fit my head shape even in their round fit, found champion to be the best fit and comfiest hat I’ve ever had, fits like a glove, defo give them a try!

I was looking at the Charles Owen Round Fit ones, it's a shame that you found not even those fit you. I will check out Champion, thanks!

dixie

Visit site
You could try an adjustable hat like the Uvex. I’m not sure if they fit all Head toes but as the assist around the head they might be a good option for you to try.

Julia0803

Visit site
My head is so far round, it is actually ends up wider than long and the same shape as stewie griffin!!

As an adult the only hat I’ve been able to wear for more than an hour without horrific temple pain is a Charles Owen competitor designed for extra round heads, then they put padding at the front to make it shorter whilst keeping the width!

It’s slightly embarrassing!

None of my regular tack shops had anything that was wide enough. I had to go to ingatestone. A few years after purchasing the first one, I needed to replace it. I went back to ingatestone and tried every single one of their suggestions. The only one that fit was the same as previous- a competitor with padding at the forehead or possibly the UVEX.

I am not 100% sure about the UVEX as I only wore it about the shop for 20 min and decided to go with the competitor again. As I’m sure you’ve found, sometimes they feel ok for a shorter ride but an hour in to a long hack it’s a different story!

Good luck!

HorsesRule2009

Visit site
I've a fairly round head and always wear Champion skull caps.
I went to one of the large showd with numerous stands and tried SO many different brands but still ended up with a champion hat

Fizzy Rerider

Visit site
I have quite a round (huge!) head and always struggle with finding a hat that fits. I bought the Uvex Exxential II and find it great. It's adjustable so I can get it to fit just right.

JBM

Visit site
Charles owens always hurt the sides of my head so changed to a samshield fits me pretty well but you’d honestly just need to try on a few different brands as they all slightly different.

janei

Visit site
My comp hat is a One K, new everyday hat us the Uuvex with mips - both breathable, adjustable and super comfy. Before this had champion skull cap as this was all I could find to fit !