Best insurance route for riding a loaner

Jeremy DEagle

New User
Visit site
Hi. We have started loaning a horse 2 days a week. My daughter is 13 and a reasonably experienced rider and this is our third time loaning. I am a complete novice male rider.

We both plan on riding her, my daughter by far the most. What is the best insurance for us to get please? I've looked at the Harry Hall club but that seems to be for a horse, not just riding. However, it seems more reasonably priced than us both getting separate rider only insurance...

I guess we don't really know what we need to go for.

Roxylola

Visit site
For just 3rd party I'm a world horse welfare member, £52 For the year and I have full public liability cover

Shay

Visit site
What do you want to insure against? Normally the insurance for the horse is specified in the loan agreement - that would be for vets bills etc. Oftent he owner keesp that cover and you pay the owner ffor premiums? Or the owner might not be too worried and this is just for your own purposes. You should have third party liability cover - but you can get that through BHS Gold, Pony Club or WHW. The third element is personal cover - at 13 you won't need cover for sick pay etc but you can insure to get cover for school fees etc. That isn't horse specific though - that is school fee specific. You migth also want travel insuracen which covers tou should you be unable to travel ebcuase the horse is ill - or to pay for additional livery. Again that is travel specific not horse specific. Its easier to get advice if you know what cover you are actually looking for.