Best joint suppliment

pocket

Visit site
As the post states really, can anyone suggest a good one for my 13/14yr old 16.2 hunter type. My farrier has suggested that he is stiffer on the hind quarters and has recently had a mystery lameness. Vet could not find anything, been box rested and now back out for a few hours a day.

He is trotting up sound, but does look a bit stiff now, he has codliver oil/cider vingar, but I feel he now needs more being such a big horse.

Any suggestions will be greatly received.

Thank you in advance
grin.gif

LauraWheeler

Visit site
I use feedmarks flexamine. Lucy has been on it for years now. She has spavins in both hocks and i was getting coments on my dressage sheets that she looked a little stiff but after two weeks on flexamine there where no more coments about her being stiff. I also started doing endurance with her after putting her on flexamine and the vets there where amazed that she was never stiff at the end of an 80km ride at her age (she didn't start endurance till she was 16)

Loika

Visit site
When I looked into the subject I found only evidence for Glucosamine to help joints in humans and I think horses too. MSM and corteflex so not have, as far as I know substantial and coroberated data in support of postitive effects on joints. So I looked for the cheapest product for a per day dose that contained Glucosamine and antioxidents rather than all the main three that people associate with joint problems.

Feel Good 30 stuff in the blue oval tubs came out on top, redily available fitted with my month salary(!!) and up until they doubled the price I was very happy! Which annoyed the hell out of me! So my girl was on the NAF Superflex powder which is especially cost effective in the 270day tubs. She is now on the gold label because I couldn't get any more of the NAF with all this bad weather.

You might think me mercenary or even uncaring but I know my mare is going to be on this stuff for a long time(started aged15) and I see no reason to bankrupt myself buying a "silver bullet" suppliment when there is such a big choice and they all contain the key ingrediant glucosamine! Pick something affordable and that you can buy reliabily, because it is such a bind not being able to continue your course because the shop has run out! Good Luck!!!

loz9

Visit site
personally i recommend the aviform suppleaze gold for joints. seems to work, contains all the key ingredients to promote good joint with no bulkers to make you feel like you are feeding plenty (i was rather shocked to learn the main ingredient in cortaflex is alfalfa!) & is reasonably priced with 3for2 offers on their site all the time!