Best Laminitis mix/supplement??

IdoShowing

Visit site
So, what are your recomendations for a good laminitis mix or supplement?

Judges have been saying that my welsh d needs some more condition, but, i don't want to gove her the usual weight gain stuff that could give her laminitis...

So, what would you recomend? Any you have tried & liked or not??

Cheers
smile.gif

Jericho

Visit site
I have just started my little lami prone Welsh A on Top Spec Anti Lam Supplement after talking to their nutiritionists ( I really rate their TopSpec Comp Balancer) along with Happy Hoof. I dont want her to lose any weight but dont want her to put any on but she needed condition if you know what I mean - coat was a bit dull and she obviosuly needed something more. She is on restricted grazing and soaked hay and I wanted to ensure that any supplement would help to combate the lami tendencies. After 2 weeks she is looking better already. If you needed more weight then maybe add oil.

Try giving Top Spec a ring, ooh and there is £5 off their Anti Lam at the moment! http://www.topspec.com/antilam-offer.htm

miss_c

Visit site
I have Genie just on Happy Hoof, and she's in great condition at the moment (according to the judge last Sunday!). I also give her a vitamin and mineral supplement, as she only gets 2 handfuls a day in winter, and 1 handful a day in summer.

Flicker

Visit site
I have my laminitic boy on Happy Hoof with Bailey's Lo Cal balancer if he needs a bit of condition.
I also keep him on Laminaze (can't remember who makes it) all year round.

PennyJ

Visit site
I have 2 good doer New Forest ponies, and permanently worry about laminitis and them getting too fat every spring/summer. They are both stabled overnight throughout the year on non edible bedding with restricted hay and also restricted grazing in the field. Muzzles on if necessary. I just feed them Baileys low cal balancer with a bit of chaff. I've used Blue Chip lami light as well in the past, can't fault it, but the baileys local is cheaper!

kellyeaton

Visit site
if you have a lammi pony who needs to gain weight the best thing is alpha beet very conditioning but very low in sugar and starch and it is proven by the lammi trust!

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
Mine both get Happy Hoof and speedibeet - my mare also gets Formula 4 Feet as she did have lami last year. My wb gets the same as its easier to have bins of the same thing - both look fab and their hooves are great - mare is a cob so is unshod (still! thought she may have to have remedial shoeing following lami) and my wb has rock solid feet with no crumbling and shoes stay on. Their coats shine (one is piebald the other grey!) and they have maintained their condition.
smile.gif

Essentially they are both on the Laminitis Clinic diet and it works for them.
smile.gif

jvoyce

Visit site
Alpha oil and speedibeet would be my best recommendations for keeping weight on a poor doer who is laminitic.