Best Lightweight childs riding hat?

katymay

Visit site
Jack is doing fantastically well with RDA and despite his disabilities is attempting a really good rising trot, the issue he has at the moment is that where he is concentrating on the up down movements he forgets to control his head and it wobbles all over the place, he currently has a Harry Hall velvet hat (new type) but its fairly heavy, wondered if anyone can recommend a really good ultra lightweight but safe one? Chocolate hot cross buns on offer x

neddymad

Visit site
When my daughter was younger we went to have a hat fitted but they were too heavy. They recommended using a cycle helmet which we did for a couple of years. I put a hat cover on it and you couldn't tell the difference. Hopes this helps.

becca1305

Visit site
As above my cousin's little boy had a very similar lightweight red one made by Polly products when he was younger and got on with it well. When a friend's little girl came to visit she borrowed my Casco (with dial system - I have a small head!) and I preferred how that sat to the other helmet as it looked deeper at the base of the skull. I saw these on ebay http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/251332992939?cmd=VIDESC&gxo=true which I believe are Cascos, though not the same exact model as mine they look similar, but obviously need enquiring just to double check safety standards. I also like that the rope cheeks mean the position of the chin strap can be adjusted into the perfect place for that particular person before the screws are done up to help achieve the best possible fit :). Hope that helps a bit :).

katymay

Visit site
Thank you, you are all stars, will check them all out and im sure it will be suitable for him, I am so proud of him, he puts so much effort into everything, nearly ready for his grade 1 :)
just need to get him as confident on his own pony!