Best Lister Clippers?

Simbapony

Visit site
Looking for some new clippers - only Lister as I want the covercote blades.

Are the Liberty way better and worth the £100 extra than the Stars?

I have Welsh and Traditional cobs.

Burnttoast

Visit site
I used the Lister Eclipse the other day and was really impressed - can't speak for longevity though. And they are pricey. But the flexibility of completely wireless was fantastic.

teddy_

Visit site
I cannot recommend the best, but I would not buy the Lister Stars again - they run hot regardless of how spot on your tensioning is or how often you oil them.

They do a nice clip, but the heat does get a bit annoying, especially if you're doing more than one.

mcgreggor

Visit site
Really impressed with the lister eclipse. This is my second season using them, don't seem to get as hot as my old stars. I fully clip my welsh cob and have done a few friends cobs.

benz

Visit site
I cannot recommend the best, but I would not buy the Lister Stars again - they run hot regardless of how spot on your tensioning is or how often you oil them.

They do a nice clip, but the heat does get a bit annoying, especially if you're doing more than one.

I have the same issue with stars unfortunately which is a shame as otherwise they clip well.

marmalade76

Visit site

I have two sets of Neons (bought secondhand) for this reason, use one, when they're hot and need cooling, switch to the other. Yes, you need more blades but I don't care, they're easy enough to buy on Ebay.

To the OP - the older Neons are much better than the Stars, my advice is buy secondhand, nothing is made to last these days.

Visit site
I use Lister Laser's at work. Never get hot or even vaguely warm - even by the 10th straight clip. But they are very heavy duty clippers and will be way way more than you would ever need.

dottylottie

Visit site
you can buy blades for other brands that are the same length as covercote ones - i have liveryman harmony plus clippers, and can get 4.8mm blades

they’re the only ones i’ve ever used, but i really rate them:)

Simbapony

Visit site
well after recommendations on here, I bought the Liberties, used them for the first time today and am super impressed. Cordless is a game changer and they did a great clip, you really do get what you pay for