Best mane and tail spray for very dry hair?

olop

Visit site
My boy has got a really really dry mane and tail and I end up going through bottles of the stuff to make it nice and silky.

Which is the best one in your opinion? I have tried the obvious brands Carr day and Martin, naf, Avon skin so soft but as I say I end up using bottles of the stuff to keep it looking good. Am I missing any household brands??

MuddyMonster

Visit site
My horse has a long mane that kept getting brittle and snapping. Someone suggested pig oil (not with suplhur) & I was dubious, but it has worked a treat so far.

It did look worse the first time I sprayed it on his mane & tail - but the next day, it looked fab :)

olop

Visit site
Thank you both, I think that is probably my problem milkmaid although I've gone without using anything at all and it's still the same, very dry and hard to get a brush through it. A bit like my own hair lol but mine is just over-dyed :D

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
I use Nettex Coat Shine for my boys mane and tail. It's marketed as, obviously, a coat shine but it is amazing at detangling tails in next to no time, far out performs their actual mane and tail detangler, and as a bonus it leaves them super shiny too :D

hairycob

Visit site
Second the linseed oil. Jason had a really coarse dry mane when I bought him and it improved massively with just a spoonful of micronised linseed a day.

Greylegs

Visit site
My vote is for a combination of a bit of linseed oil in his feed then quantities of Aldi Argan oil. Wash his mane/tail in the Argan shampoo, towel dry then apply loads of the oil on the damp hair. Really helps in my experience....

pennandh

Visit site
Not exactly the cheapest solution, but works very well and is fine for sensitive skin - Aussie Colour Mate shampoo and conditioner. Used to use it on myself back when I dyed my hair (ah, the joys of teenage rebellion), but it's just as good for silk-ifying horsehair, too.

And if you'd rather not end up washing manes and tails on a regular basis, there's a 'shine serum' in the same range that's extremely good (a tiny bit goes a very long way, so long as you work it in well).