Best numnah/saddlecloth/pad for a XW cob?

Ranyhyn

Visit site
My current numnah is slipping flat to her withers (or lack of) no matter how high I pull it into the gullet at the beginning of the ride.
I'm not 100% sure she's (or I am) not a little one sided which is causing some movement in the saddle to one side, effectively pulling the numnah flat, however, I still need some help to stop this happening while I work on her (my) one sided-ness.

Low-mid price range ideally.

Thanks in advance.:D

wattamus

Visit site
I use polypads on my mare which seem to stay up quite well because they are so padde they seem to grip with the saddle and don't move. Have also used Rambo saddlecloths and shires numnahs on my flat backed fatty and they tend to stay up. Have you checked that your saddle fits ? One of my "acquaintances" kept trying new numnahs as they al kept moving, turns out it was because her saddle didn't fit - at all (which anyone could've told her) Not saying that yours doesn't :p but it may be something to check? Or how about one of those non-slip pads? :) x

Ranyhyn

Visit site
Yes the saddle was only just fitted Saturday :) BUt sans a great big saddle pad, so may have to get him back if i'm going to stick something hefty under it. I have been looking at the non slip ones. As a rule I hate anything more than a plan numnah under the saddle, but it looks like I might have to change my opinion!

JustWilliam

Visit site
I always use a Griffin Nuumed high wither numnah/saddlecloth on my very round highland. They don't move, wash well, keep their shape & look good.