Best Overreach Boots?

Solo1

Visit site
Also in NL.

Which overreach boots are considered the most robust? Shredding rubber ones at the moment which is not good!

kerilli

Visit site
I like the thick neoprene ones that are quite short. Kieffer do really good ones, last for ever. Also, Westropp new style fabric (not plastic) ones. But then I'm protecting the bulbs of the heels not the shoes (don't want to risk them treading on an OR boot) when jumping.
If you want them long to try to prevent shoes coming off, i'd still go for fabric over rubber.

missprimitive

Visit site
Kentaur I love them. Even the ones with fluff last forever and I use mine for turnout. Bought mine at Burghley two years ago, only just replaced them when I was back the other week as I stupidly left them on stable bars one night and foal thought it would be fun to eat the fluff. Not the cheapest but worth every penny

Leg_end

Visit site
Think it depends why you want them, is it to protect the heels or the shoes? For the heels I really liked the premier equine ones I find that they are nice and short. To protect the shoes I use double rubber ones in the field, legacy reflectives for hacking and I bought some woof ones with fluff that are brilliant!

nikkimariet

Visit site
For field - premier equine (no turn ones) have lasted years and years, the suede/no fluff eskadron ones are pretty tough too.

For riding - kentaur w/fluff or horze w/fluff but big fat no to sheepy eskadrons. The quality has gone massively downhill and I'm fed up of them falling apart after a few months!

humblepie

Visit site
We have the cashel ones which our farrier recommended for a couple of ex racehorses to wear in the field and they seem hard wearing and ideal for horses that do not have particularly deep feet.

WestCoast

Visit site
I'm struggling with Bree because of the size of her feet. I've got some fantastic Equilibrium Trizone ones, but the large/extra large size isn't quite big enough.

Paula

ecrozier

Visit site
Jolly good, just picked up a bargain pair of kentaur ones with fluff from eBay for little J as he over reached for the first time ever the other week - and now doing a lot more canter on hacks so think likely to happen again.
Paulag - I agree, don't think the equilibrium l/Xl is very big at all, my 16.3 has them but he really doesn't have huge feet and they are only just big enough! His have lasted well but just been demoted to the field pair as the velcro 'over strap' has come off!
I like the woof smart boots with fluff for school work, also had eskadron fluffy ones that didn't last long!!

WestCoast

Visit site
I think I need to take one of mine out to a big shop and compare different sizes. Kinda hoping she'll grow our of it as she only does it occasionally.

Paula

Solo1

Visit site
Thanks all :)

They're for riding work, to protect the shoe and also as high up the fetlock as possible as she has been known to have little nicks there. Shall look into kentaur then!