Best pellets for bedding??

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
It really depends what you want them for. I use unbranded wood pellets under straw so instead of costing £7 a bag they are £4.40 and I don’t care that they are dark brown. They do the job of soaking up wee and that’s all I need them to do. If you want a pristine looking bed then White Horse Platinum Plus are lovely and light and not too dusty. I’ve never used straw pellets so can’t really recommend any.

PoppyAnderson

Visit site
I had an appalling experience with white horse and would never recommend them. They dumped my bags of pellets on a public road and refused to move them and damaged property in the process with their lorry and refused to take any responsibility. Their pellets were really poor quality too, as was the firewood we bought at the same time.

Darkly_Dreaming_Dex

Visit site
I had an appalling experience with white horse and would never recommend them. They dumped my bags of pellets on a public road and refused to move them and damaged property in the process with their lorry and refused to take any responsibility. Their pellets were really poor quality too, as was the firewood we bought at the same time.
The real problem here is the pallet company contracted to deliver - we’ve had issues in the past - paid extra for a chosen date if delivery but instead of a phone call to find out when we wanted them , we were away for 5 days at a championship show and pellets were dumped blocking a neighbours drive way..
So we tried a different company for pellets and they used exactly the same delivery company ?

Spot_On03

Visit site
I use unbranded ones £4.50 a bag, in depths of winter may use shavings combined for a slightly thicker bed. Been using pellets for coming up 3 years, and love how quick it is to muck out, even on my mares messy days.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Been using White Horse for years now. Lovely pellets and by the pallet they work out at £4.30 per 15kg bag, currently.

If you buy a full pallet of 65 bags it’s currently £230 or £3.53 a bag. Delivery is free in most areas but I think there may be a charge in some.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
The real problem here is the pallet company contracted to deliver - we’ve had issues in the past - paid extra for a chosen date if delivery but instead of a phone call to find out when we wanted them , we were away for 5 days at a championship show and pellets were dumped blocking a neighbours drive way..
So we tried a different company for pellets and they used exactly the same delivery company ?

My local delivery company is really good although White Horse Energy cocked up the delivery address once and I neatly had two pallets delivered to my home address instead of the stables but I managed to divert them in the nick of time.

I recommend speaking directly to sales rather than ordering on line as then I get a confirmation email with delivery address on it and later an email with tracking details. I never got these ordering on line.

tda

Visit site
I use wood pellets in my shelters in the yards, I've used a few different brands but recently been getting unbranded from a fairly local wood place. Normally delivered on a pallet but this time a young lad came with them in the back of a pick up ( on a pallet), he unloaded and stacked them in the shed ?
£265 for 65 x15kg
In the course of conversation I'm sure he said they came from Russia? ?
Would prefer straw pellets but a lot more expensive

tiggipop

Visit site
i had terrible trouble with white horse and their deliveries, earlier in the year i tried blue ribbon horse bedding - i have had 2 pallets of their unbranded wood pellets now, i would say on a par with white horse unbranded BUT delivery & dealing with the company has been a dream!

they currently have an offer "final35" which makes a full pallet £220 (but you have to select fuel to get the 5% VAT - i "think" the other suppliers auto default to fuel)