Best place for jumping lessons? (Melton way)

jurious

Visit site
I went hunting for the first time last week on a hireling and loved it - but my jumping technique definitely needs work!

Are there any schools in the Melton/L'boro/Oakham area particularily good for jumping lessons? I was thinking of asking at Brooksby college since I enjoy their flatwork lessons, but if there are any other places worth a look, I'd be happy to try.

Thanks!

HeresHoping

Visit site
Was going to say Brooksby. You could try Somerby, too. Do you have your own horse, hiring only for hunting, or did you hire through lack of steed? I used to have lessons at Brooksby (lived across the valley in Hoby), and they were more than adequate.

jurious

Visit site
Was going to say Brooksby. You could try Somerby, too. Do you have your own horse, hiring only for hunting, or did you hire through lack of steed? I used to have lessons at Brooksby (lived across the valley in Hoby), and they were more than adequate.

I don't have a horse and wanted to try hunting so hiring was the only way to go - and definitely worth having a horse that knows it's job!

I'll ask at Brooksby for a lesson. It's closer to me than Somerby. Thanks!

Visit site
Somerby is my recommendation. Jayne Fytche who used to work at Brooksby now works there and she is great flatwork and jumping Instructor. Definitely worth the extra miles! :)

Vetwrap

Visit site
Somerby is my recommendation. Jayne Fytche who used to work at Brooksby now works there and she is great flatwork and jumping Instructor. Definitely worth the extra miles! :)

Yes - Jayne is excellent. She has gone back to Jayne Walker though - (and I am just building a website for her!)
It would be well worth having a chat with Jayne and going from there. She does lots of clinics with the local Riding Club and the Pony Club branches, so obviously well thought of as an instructor!

:)