Best place for lessons and hacks for adult getting back into horse riding within 50 miles of Glasgow?

OrchidMoon28

New User
Visit site
Hi there,

Many apologies if this is in the wrong forum -- I thought it would make most sense being in the 'Scotland' bit.

I took horse riding lessons from the age of six till thirteen when I had a dramatic weight gain that meant I couldn't ride anymore. After significant weightloss I am now 15 stone and expected to drop more within the following months, so I can now ride again. Hooray!

Not keen to go to the stables I did as a child. Does anyone know of a place where I could get a few private lessons to help me gain some of my abilities back and then could buy hacks from there?

Reviews online are very mixed for everywhere it seems, and a lot of websites seem to want to cater to children rather than adults. Preferably I'd like to find a place that would accept me at 15 stone but if there's places that need a lower weight max that's okay since I'm expected to drop.

Sorry if I've used wrong terminology/my expectations seem wildly unrealistic -- as I said, not been involved with riding for years, and very much finding my feet with it again.

Thanks!

Daniel_Jack

Visit site
I've ridden at a few yards around Glasgow. I really rated Ayrshire equestrian when I rode there but that was about 10 years ago - instructors really pushed you and there was some fab beach hacking. I also rode at Tannoch which was ok. I wouldn't recommend Roundknowe - had some bad experience there.

There was a lovely yard near Chapelton where I learned to ride - I closed as a riding school and was re opened under new management - I think it's called Burnbank although I don't know what it's like now.

HeyMich

Visit site
I'd second Tannoch stables too. They have great private lessons and you can hack around Palacerigg Country Park. Hope you find somewhere you like soon and all the best with your new horsey adventure!