Best place to advertise for a sharer?

Copperpot

Visit site
Thinking of getting a sharer for my boy. Does anyone know the best places to look/advertise?

He lives on Beds/Bucks border.

Thanks.

McNally

Visit site
Im in the same situation. Ive tried local feed stores etc with no luck at all, then figured if people are buying feed chances are they have their own horse already!
Im now going to try places like local shops/ post office/ garage etc as everyone visits these places horse owner or not.
Good luck

Copperpot

Visit site
Thanks everyone will have a look. I don't need a financial contribution, just want someone who wants to ride couple of times a week and compete if they feel like it :)

pogface

Visit site
I live in beds!! But I already share... I found an add on horsemart and contacted the owner through that. I know she had a lot of replies so it may be worth paying to get the extra interest.

ghostie

Visit site
is there a uni nearby? If so worth contacting their riding club to see if they know of anyone. IME lots of people sell their horses before they go to uni but would love to share and would be able to make a financial contribution.

Copperpot

Visit site
I do have an instructor yes but she lives a long way away.

Think I will try Horsemart :)

No mucking out or jobs to do either, just the fun part :)

Princess Jess

Visit site
No mucking out or jobs to do either, just the fun part :)

Sounds perfect! Unfortunately I'm off to uni in October so can't really commit long term, and you're probably too far away from me :(
Hope you find some one...could also try on preloved, equine adverts, horse deals, the horse exchange and ad horse if you're going down the website root :)

Copperpot

Visit site
That's a shame Princess Jess :( will try those too. It should be easy he's a good boy most of the time, hacks alone, sj, XC and hunts. Can do dressage too if they like, I just don't. I'm sure I will find someone :)

JavaJaneW

Visit site
Im in the same situation.

Im now going to try places like local shops/ post office/ garage etc as everyone visits these places horse owner or not.
Good luck

Ditto! Trying word of mouth too. Have now put on preloved and am crossing fingers I can find a part loaner/sharer for two, or I will have to sell one :(

azouria

Visit site
I'm looking for a sharer for Red at the moment too - we've put ads up on horsesharesuk and equine adverts and had some responses but nothing suitable yet. Probably worth browsing the riders available/wanted sections (especially on equineadverts because you might find someone close who's looking).

midnight mayhem

Visit site
I Had most replies on preloved. I also used Facebook pages to advertise and equine ads. I had loads of replies on preloved though..found a sharer in a couple of days! Good luck. X