Best place to bulk buy bedding?

FlyingCircus

Visit site
Looking to buy a pallet or two of bedding and possibly hayledge to try and save on costs since I have the storage space.

I'm in the south (hampshire/Dorset border) if that helps any.

asmp

Visit site
I buy Laysoft from the makers and pay about £6.10 a bale delivered (35 on a pallet).

Just be careful that rats don't attack anything bought in bulk. I used to buy small bales of haylage but after having a few bales chewed into, it negated all the saving I'd made in the first place.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I buy wood pellets from White Horse Energy by the pallet. Last year they did a summer price so I bought two pallets. There are 65 on each pallet. I’ve got two horses in at night in winter and still have 45 bags left so I’m hoping as they will be out most of the time in the summer that will have done me for the whole year.

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
I used to get mine from Buildbase. They have lots of stores in the UK. However the ones i used to buy are out of stock but they have others that are ok but not same weight sadly. They will do free delivery on a pallet of either 24 or 36 if you are within 20 miles of their base. I usually bung the driver 4 or 5 quid as he is very good and will try to unload as near to where i want them stored as is possible. Think they are around £8.30 per bale for a weight of possibly 20kg although not certain about that.

Hollychops

Visit site
I bought a pallet of Sorbeo wood pellets last winter for a very soggy mare, they were £299 inc delivery and tax for a pallet. They have lasted nearly all winter, i say nearly as i have 3 left and am hoping to turn her out at night at the end of the month.

Merrymoles

Visit site
We buy baled shavings from a sawmill but have to collect. They work more than £1 a bale cheaper than the other suppliers we could find so it was worth the afternoon's effort of loading and unloading them. We bought 50 for two horses for the winter and have around 20 left.

chaps89

Visit site
Our (large) local feed store does discount for bulk orders.
I bought a pallet of wood pellets at the start of winter which worked out at £4.77 per 15kg bag which I was happy with.