Best place to buy 5ft 6 rugs to fit an arab

sallyellis

Visit site
Ok have now got a date that my arab will be delivered all going well, (next Tuesday) I still have my old arabs rugs but he was a 6ft and the new one is only 5ft 6 as is only a yearling so where is the best place to find some good rugs that will fit an arab....as they are hard to fit..that wont cost the earth as being a baby I am sure I will have to buy more before the winter...!

nuffield

Visit site
Google Hey Farm Saddlery. they have a web site, I think its clled Discount saddlery. I get rugs for my arabs from them and they are well priced and are great to deal with. Amigos fit mine well.

dressager

Visit site
I second Horseware. I don't have an Arab but an Akhal Teke who is extremely narrow round the chest. They fit him really snugly.

Puppy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I find that Horseware rugs fit my Arab the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto! I used to put my 14.2 anglo arab (who was v narrow in the shoulder) in Rambo rugs and they were fab on him! It's a shame I've already sold the T/Os, but if you want a 5' 6" HW rhino stable rug or a LW one....
wink.gif

Slave2Magic

Visit site
My arab mare is in a 5'6 and she is quite narrow chested. The best winter rug I found is on a website called sports hq. They only do a stable rug and a 350g turnout but they fit my mare really well. The turnout is only £30!! No leaks last winter either.

sallyellis

Visit site
Thanks for your replies but it seems 5ft 6 rugs are like gold dust just my luck LOL I have requested a catalogue from the Arabian emporium Kate and am eagerly searching all the other sites for suitable rugs....he will be mainly kept out with the use of a field shelter so its really turn out rugs that I will be after.