Best place to buy cushions for horsebox seating

Gucci_b

Visit site
:) Am looking to replace all the seating cushions and luton mattress in the horsebox, where might the best place be to buy from !!! Have looked on ebay and all I can find is caravan cushions, and cut to size for small seating. If you have also replaced and spruced up your horse box, how much roughly does it cost ££££.

Angelbones

Visit site
Normally places where you get curtains etc made can make up cushions to your template, or if you go to somewhere like Dunelm Mill (or one of those big home stores) you can buy the foam and cut it to size, then run up some covers yourself which isn't that hard if you keep it simple and don't pipe the seams etc. As for the mattress, I wouldn't know about replacements but it could be recovered in the same was as above. Or, how about finding an independent horsebox company and ask them if they can make them for you? Hope that helps.

dappyness

Visit site
I had a friends made up at a sailmakers in plymouth where i live. They were made to measure.They normally make cushions for inside yachts which are made up of material that has protection against mildew. Much cheaper than interier design places.

Jane_Lou

Visit site
I got the foam to re do my partitions from Dunelm Mill but you might try a decent market as I remember St Albans market used to have a stall that sold foam of all sizes and thickness but that was a few years ago but worth trying if you have one locally.

Dubsie

Visit site
There's a local shop to us, Freelance, which sell foam and I got them to cut to size exactly what I needed, and they also stocked rolls of upholstery fabric. As it's all rectangles, I simply cut out one for each side of the foam, allowing extra for the seam allowance, and sewed it all together, adding a zip along the seam at one end. Wasn't difficult if you can thread a sewing machine and do straight lines.

sprite1978

Visit site
I got my foam from a company on ebay. They were the cheapest I could find, but still not cheap. I sent them a picture and sizes, and they cut them and put a bullnose profile on them, then sent them to an upholsterer. What is wrong with the foam you have? couldnt you just have them recovered? If you need the foam, try looking for a set of caravan seats on ebay. They normally come nicely shaped rather than flat, and you can cut the foam down to suit and send for reupholstering.

Gucci_b

Visit site
I throw the old horsebox cushions out, as been doggy done, lol
Looked at some caravan cushions but too small, will buy the foam and d.i.y
Thanks

lazybee

Visit site
Hello,
The best and cheapest place would be an Upholsterer. Someone that covers furniture. Seat cushions would be a doddle compared to a sofa. I know it's not the same but I had a motorbike seat covered for 15 quid once and that was intricate. Probably best not to mention the horse word and say it's for your kids play caravan or something :D