Best place to find an RID/ID x youngster

Newlands

Visit site
Hello. Sorry if this isn't the best place to post this but thought people here may have some recommendations. I am looking to potentially purchase the above this year, a 2 or 3 year old. Am I better looking for a stud or private sellers. My big lad has me hooked on another Irish chap but I'm just not sure where best to look. Thank you.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Have a look at the Simsar Stud, they have some cracking youngsters (including mine!) they post on here or are on facebook.

MTA they're based in Surrey.

There's also Embla Stud based in Staffordshire (pm for number if you want) and also Rita who stands Avanti Amorous Archie might know of something plus of course Janet George who has some very nice ones too. Both Rita and Janet are on here too.

Last edited:

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Thanks for the mention, Cruiseline and Maesfen. I certainly have quite a big selection of 2 and 3 year olds (and yearlings - and still a couple of JUST 4's, just backed.) Most by my own big boy, Lady's Tralee Raj - and quite a few by Rita's lovely big boy, Avanti Amorous Archie out of Raj daughters - and a couple by the late Kensons Aragorn. Lots of greys, and few non-greys, and very few smallish ones (I LIKE big horses! :D)

Newlands

Visit site
Oh great, I had a look on your site and you certainly have some stunners. Glad to hear you have lots of greys, that is what I am after how I haven't been put off after Drum I don't know lol. I just need to sort out what to do with my rising 3 year old Appy who isn't going to be big enough then I can crack on. Unless anyone takes part ex hmm Thank you everyone for your help. Lots of good sites for me to drool over.

amc

Visit site
Another recommendation for JanetGeorge, really lovely lady who is full of good advice and fantastic horses, good luck

irishdraught

Visit site
Have you checked out the sales section on the IDHS (GB) website? There is also a list of stallion owners/studs/breeders who often have youngstock for sale.