Best place to sell a low level BS horse with potential to event?

MandyMoo

Visit site
Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've posted in here, frankly I've been far too busy! But I have still been taking Socks to plenty of parties and the like :)

However the sad time has come for me to sell my beloved ginger gem Socks, hopefully before the end of September as I am moving away for internships and job things - the joys........so the painful process of saying goodbye shall begin :( :( :(

Where is the best place to advertise these days? (we never usually sell our horses, so I am new to this!) - I know of Horse Quest and Horsemart and obviously Horse and Hound....any others? Which is best?

I am aiming for a knowledgeable BS home/teenager/mother daughter share (he has competed to 1m05 with me to success, and I would've aimed for Newcomers if my circumstances weren't as rubbish as they are....so I want to attract "decent" people if that's not offensive haha) or even an eventing home as he is bold xc too and fine on the flat.

Any advice for good places to put adverts would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks! Hope you're all well!

Edited to add: if anyone fancies giving me some constructive criticism on my draft for his advert, let me know and I can PM you it :) it is currently an essay (just over one full A4 side on Word!)...............haha I have included literally everything it's ridiculous!!

Last edited:

MandyMoo

Visit site
Horsequest and put videos on showing flat work, SJ and XC schooling inc ditches and water.

Thanks, I have tonnes of sj videos and can do a flat work one easily enough at home...xc is a bit more difficult as don't have much footage as camera died on one occasion and didn't take it on the other... typical. Could try and go out xc schooling again soon if i have time though!

you can pm if you like.

TGM

Visit site
Thanks, I have tonnes of sj videos and can do a flat work one easily enough at home...xc is a bit more difficult as don't have much footage as camera died on one occasion and didn't take it on the other... typical. Could try and go out xc schooling again soon if i have time though!!

It might be worth your while as potential event types tend to command more money than low level showjumpers. We bought a similar type a few years ago, but only viewed it on the strength of the XC schooling video.

dixie

Visit site
This is exactly the type of horse I was looking for last year. I found Horsequest the best site as they seemed to have better quality horses & you seem to be able to put a lot of photos, words and video links, although in the end I found mine on some obscure site and he was also on Horse and Hound.

Lulabella

Visit site
Second everyone re the vids. Or at least have some good footage to hand to send people on request.
Will take a look at advert if you like? :)
Exciting times with internship and job! What are you off to do?

MandyMoo

Visit site
Second everyone re the vids. Or at least have some good footage to hand to send people on request.
Will take a look at advert if you like? :)
Exciting times with internship and job! What are you off to do?

I'll re-draft it a bit after I've had some input from the others already, and send you later this week! :)

Well, no job yet (grrr haha), but I do have a couple of internships; one is in Bristol and one is in London, and they're both for a decent length so it'd be unfair to keep Socks and abandon him while I go off gallivanting round London! Is better for him to go to a nice home and have fun! The internships are at publishing companies - I am hoping to become an editor for scientific publishing! Journals and the like, as I have a biology degree and find scientific publishing fascinating :) so hoooopefully after some work experience and internships I'll have more luck!!!! We shall see haha