Best Place to sell a second hand saddle for the best price?

woodlandswow

Visit site
I was wondering what peoples experiences of selling second hand saddles were and where they found best to sell them.
I have been advised ebay but am a bit wary as am not 100% of using it especially when dealing with larger amounts of money!
I am in dorset if that helps
Thanks

Happytohack

Visit site
I've sold a couple on eBay. And I bought one from preloved. Unless it is a particularly sought after make, you probably won't get as much as you would like for it. If you sell on eBay, make sure you include all marks, signs of wear & tear etc in the description and don't offer to accept a return of the saddle. Accept payment through PayPal only. Most people are actually pretty genuine. The only time I was caught out was when I bought one through eBay. The saddle never came. Luckily I had paid through PayPal and got my money back.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I use my saddler although I have to pay a commission she gets good prices for them so it evens out.
The saddle needs to be a brand that's popular to command a good price though, and you have to be realistic about what a second hand saddle no matter how good will fetch.

honetpot

Visit site
I would try Preloved, its a one off charge for as many ads as you like and you are more likely to get someone local. I bought a saddle off Preloved, paid near full price and the seller came out and let me try it on my mare. A local so called saddle fitter had previously come out tried to sell me a saddle that didn't fit and charged £50 for the privilege.
I would make sure I put plenty of photos on and the brand. Also local horsey facebook pages as it's free. I think you have to be realistic on price, if you bought it new 20% is VAT. I always buy second hand, when the children changed ponies if the saddle is well looked after and a named brand you usually get what you paid for it.

LeannePip

Visit site
i've used Ebay before but it scares me :S i dont really know how to use it! but have had great results with Pre loved! bought and sold loads on there and no charges either. another good one you could try which i have had some success wit is NFED (New Forrest Equine Directory) its mainly hampshire/new forest but there are alot of dorset adverts on there too and has a massive customer base! i've also bought/sold alot thorough various Facebook Groups try searching one for your local area or our Hampshire one is 'Hampshire Hooves' they also have a seperate page for; for sale/wanted ect

mandwhy

Visit site
At least with eBay although it is expensive you get protection and stuff. Preloved I would be a bit wary unless it was a local pickup one... and then they know where you live ;-)