Best place to sell horsebox?

Chippers1

Visit site
Selling my older 3.5t (not an advert!) It's currently on a load of Facebook groups but it seems to be full of day dreamers and people who want the latest Bloomfield for a very small budget! Or people who just ignore you 🤨 I have an advert on gum tree but no hits from that either. It's not the prettiest but it's cheap for a 3.5 and it's perfectly safe!
Where have people had luck selling? Has anyone sold to a company that then sells them on and not got a pittance for it? Help!

Edit; it's definitely not fancy enough for H&H classifieds!

Louby

Visit site
When I was looking for a horsebox I searched everywhere I could think of but found mine on Preloved. Free to advertise so nothing to lose I suppose. Good Luck

chaps89

Visit site
My friend had hers on HorseQuest just before Christmas. She had a change in plans so has taken it off the market temporarily but was getting serious enquiries from the ad. Hers was an older not expensive one if it helps.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Definately do not use horsebox seller!!
agree def not the horsebox seller , I nearly bought from them and they got angry when my mechanic failed the one i wanted and banned him from going on their land again.

dragon driving
horsemart
horseand hound
facebook
other magazines

take good clear pictures that always helps

Hipo

Visit site
I was planning on advertising mine on horsequest, but put it on some fb horsebox selling pages first and sold it on there. Obviously had to deal with a lot of time wasters and fruit loops, but just took one genuine person.

D66

Visit site
Mine sold very quickly on Dragon Driving (a fiver, I think) and the British Carriage Driving website (free). It had a winch and side stabling for driving but sold to a non-driver.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I had a 7.5 ton Daf horsebox to sell. I gave it a good clean & took plenty of photos of all areas of the box. I decided on a reasonable price & thought where to advertise, A friend told me to try Facebook so I did. I placed the advert on Saturday morning, I had numerous phone calls on it & someone came to see it on Saturday afternoon. They tried it, liked it & bought it. Money was transferred on Monday morning & they took it Monday night,

I probably should have asked a higher price for it because I had so many people who were lining up to buy it, it must have been a good deal & I could probably have got more. I'd already bought a replacement for it so it needed to go & I was happy with the sale.

I think you have to be detached from the sale, decide on a reasonable price, do not be greedy & above all be honest with the buyer. I was & I had no problems & as far as I know they are still having fun going to shows down in Surrey.

When I was looking for a replacement I went to Central England Horseboxes & to be honest I'd never seen such a load of over priced rubbish in all my life. It seemed that he bought in part exchange lorries from all over the place & did nothing to them before putting them on sale. Be very careful if you go there.

Chippers1

Visit site
Thanks. It's very clean and tidy and has been painted all inside so it's nice and light for travelling, cleaned up the cab area outside too. Obviously it's older so it's not the prettiest but it's priced pretty cheaply and I'm open to offers too which I say, still nothing!

chaps89

Visit site
It seems odd you're getting nothing. It is a funny time of year but 3.5t are usually very popular. What's the payload on it, could it be something to do with that maybe?

Chippers1

Visit site
Yes it has got a low payload of 900kg so that could be why, but you can still easily travel one larger horse or two tiny ones with that, just like most 3.5t boxes really, they're not really built for two.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I’m looking for a 3.5t and using FB plus others but your payload would put me off especially if the price was comparable to others with a higher payload. Really I’d want at least a tonne for one large horse, equipment, hay,fuel and a couple of people.

I’d pay more for a well known reliable build because I’m not sure if I could identify shoddy workmanship. The popular ones at realistic prices sell quickly IME. Sadly some are just too far away to view.

My J Reg 6.5t sold within about two weeks it was priced to sell and I advertised on FB to start and locally for about a week and then on Horsequest and got a fair few calls from that, but then I got an offer from someone who had seen the ad in the local tack shop.

oldie48

Visit site
I sold my 3.5 van conversion on FB (3.5s) but I also put it on local equine groups too. I think it may be the time of year but your payload is quite low, is there anything you can strip out to make it higher, mine was 1.2 and I had quite a lot of interest but it was in May.

Chippers1

Visit site
Yes there are some gates at the back that can be taken out but not much else really, it's only on for 3 but I've said to a few I'm happy to drop to 2.5 so it's really not expensive for a box. It's also got an extra height section too as the previous owners took a much bigger horse than mine in it.