Best present?

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
Merry Christmas! Well it seems only fair given that there's already a bad present thread (apologies if this has already been done!) to also do a best present thread.

I didn't get any bad presents (is there such a thing?!) but my two best presents were my Gatehouse HS1 hat and my Sprenger bow balance stirrups (although they haven't arrived yet) both of which I've been after for months and months. I'm a very lucky girly!

So what were your best presents this year?

NativePonyLover

Visit site
Horsey gift wise: Parelli 'Hit The a Trail' DVD set (as I've just started hacking my previously ' problem' pony) & Shires padded saddle carrying bag - I don't leave my tack at the yard, so this will be so useful :) I'm looking forward to reading the two Hovis Diaries books too!

Non horsey wise: I always love a bottle of Moët, but my Next boots are lovely from my family. The boyfriend did very well with the purchase of a HD, freeview & DVD TV :)

I hope everyone had a lovely day x

Holly Hocks

Visit site
All my presents were lovely. My favourite was a pair of Grubs wellies from my OH - can't wait to wear them tomorrow! (how sad is that?). Another really nice gift was some Mark Todd riding socks and chocolates from a friend at the yard ( we help each other out with our horses). Rest of the family got me skin and bath products which are all nice ones (I think they're trying to tell me that a: I need to take more care of my skin and b: I smell). :)

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
The 'owner' of my loan mare gave me a card and receipt transferring ownership to me! Very good Christmas! :)

Wow, how fabulous!!

Best present is the OH being off work for the first Christmas in a long time and a lie in thanks to my boy's best friend's owner turning out for me all year, including today! I also got a very old bracelet with horseshoes and a hanging cheek type snaffle on it. :smile3:

Suffolkangel

Visit site
Loved all my presents, but the best has to be the one I bought myself.... My little rescue foal Jimbob.... His mother was sold when he was a week old without him, and my instructor has been hand rearing him... I've technically owned him for the last 4 months but I pick him up on Friday... :)

1417805_10151948592051696_658290740_o.jpg

1485896_10151948571241696_2142382201_o.jpg

Pigeon

Visit site
The boyfriend got me a onesie with horses on, and some peel-n-stick diamontes "for Piper". He knows me far too well. :p

IMG_0581.jpg

Elvis

Visit site
Honestly the best present for me was seeing my parents open their presents. This is the first year my sister and I have both had money, so we spent a lot of time deciding on the perfect presents for each of them. It was lovely seeing how touched they were, every gift had meaning to it.

Sorry to sound corny, but my sister and I want for nothing, so being able to really give back was lovely.

doriangrey

Visit site
I got Lucy pony (connie) in August, but she was an early Christmas present. Best ever - however, my hubby plays guitar and I bought him 4 plectrums one of which was mammoth ivory, and in total they cost more than the pony! She's priceless though :eek:

LynH

Visit site
I got a lovely wooden handmade saddle horse. Really beautifully made by a friend's husband, it looks great in the middle of my tackroom and will be well used as I love cleaning tack and do so after every ride.

NZJenny

Visit site
My family are very non-horsey and my Mum has pretty much given up trying to buy for me (apart from the re-chargeable sweeper), so now just gives me money to choose for myself. So over the years there has been a GPS for endurance training, a new helmet for dressage and this year will be a flash pair of breeches.

_GG_

Visit site
Rach bought a photoshoot for the five of us. She wants it done before March as that's when her next MRI is, but her hair is growing well at the moment so she wants the photo's to show her with her hair, not a wig, not even the one I did. She said that when she's gone it will be all we have left (which is not true) but I know what she meant and it was a very lovely gesture. She then turned to my parents and asked them to have our dogs for a weekend when we arrange it followed by, "I'd invite you both as well but I don't want to" then told Dan and me we better start now if we want to lose some weight first. I am smaller than she is.

Give with one hand, slap with the other!

Girlracer

Visit site
The 'owner' of my loan mare gave me a card and receipt transferring ownership to me! Very good Christmas! :)

How lovely, congrats :)

I've had a pair of green grippy reins (my XC colours) some full seat breeches and a kindle, very spoilt :) and of course all my lovely presents off my SS! :) Plus Oakley was really an early Christmas present to myself!

budley95

Visit site
It was supposed to be a joke present, but I love the brave pants my OH brought me! When I'm jumping bud tends to have a go big or go home attitude, he doesn't start to make a nice shape until we get to 4foot on the top of the wings (shame we can't go.higher :p) and OH always gives us wide spreads, my excuse is always I'm not wearing my brave pants, so want it down a couple of holes. So now I have black ones with brave pants written in fluorescent pink on the back. A very thoughtful joke if you ask me! Also got some lovely sealskinz and a keep calm and canter on hoodie with my name on the back. :)

nic85

Visit site
Some fab presents on here! I did extremely well as my Hubby said nearly 4 years ago when he bought me my horse that he wouldn't buy me Birthday or Christmas presents again......

So I got some money towards my Dressage saddle, a pair of Mark Todd white Competition jods, a gorgeous new stock pin, a Carl Hester Fantastic elastic masterclass DVD ( which I never thought he'd get the hints!) and some books. My Mother in law already gave me some of my pressies for my very first dressage comp on December 15th, I got a ready tied stock, a new show shirt and a blingy Browband for Magic :) and yesterday I got some new slippers, cute owl welly toppers , hat and gloves set and. Terry chocolate orange! :)

Daytona

Visit site
My new horsey but to be fair I did get her couple months ago, 2nd best would be my semiflex dressage saddle from the hubby.

He a generous ****** and spoils me rotten :)

Greylegs

Visit site
I didn't get anything horsey at all .... To be fair OH wouldn't have a clue what to get me ... So went for my other passion instead, which is photography. Got a news camera lens and a load of books as well as computer software. Still spoiled rotten though ..... Very lucky girl ....

dressagelove

Visit site
Me and the OH finally brought home our gorgeous GSP puppy :) He's an absolute star and we are besotted with the little star :)

Aside from that I got a beautiful Michael Kors handbag of hubby :)))) xx