Best price for Thermatex Rugs?

legaldancer

Visit site
You could try 4dobbin.co.uk or might be com. the pony ones seemed cheap on there.

However, I have found the Weatherbeeta Thermo-cell to be better than the Thermatex that I own, & it comes with X-surcingles as standard. They're half the price of a Thermatex. Not quite as many colour options though.

Like Thermatex, i advise buying a size down as they tend to stretch once on.

measles

Visit site
Legaldancer - will have a look at those but want it as a show rug so not really after x-surcingles. We have an old Thermatex that I got 2nd hand and I want a size up but I'm not sure what size the one we have started life as!

Another option is the Mark Todd Coolex but not sure what they are like and they're not far off the price of a Thermatex... Decisions, decisions
crazy.gif

MistletoeMegan

Visit site
The Coolex doesn't stretch and comes with much better fastenings (as well as cross surcingles). If you buy it from Old Dairy Saddlery, it's under £70 as they have 20% off atm
grin.gif

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
they def come up large I have a 7ft which hangs off dan who is 7ft but it still goes on everything just don't leave it on Fleur unattended
tongue.gif

Also got a 6ft3 lightweight version cooler type of theirs which fits Dan comfortably!!! LOL

measles

Visit site
Quadro and santa_claus - funny coincidence that you both find they fit a horse that is 3 sizes bigger as I've just been round to measure the old Thermatex that we have and it's 5'9 and is only just too small for our 6'6 horse.

Really hard to know whether to get a 6' or 6'3 now as I'd want it to go over the top of his saddle at shows too...