Best Products to use for affiliated showing turnout?

royal

Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm looking at doing my first showing (CHAPS) qualifier early next year and am going to be needing some pretty heavy duty products in the way of whitening shampoo / leg paste / gloss spray / hoof dressing etc..

Anybody got any recommendations? I've been looking at the Lynne Russell range and Supreme Products but have no personal experience of either.

Thanks in advance!

gillianfleming

Visit site
I haven't used the Lynn Russell range yet but used to work with a top showing person.
We used the supreme stuff at the time, especially their blue shampoo and chalk.
Is it a piebald you have or a shewbald cause the people at supreme said to use the blue shampoo all over on piebalds.
I always wash first with cheap shampoo and then use the blue stuff and i use their blue rinse all over afterwards.

royal

Visit site
gillian flemming - I've got a skewbald so does that mean I can only use it on the white bits?? would be a really long bath if so!!
seems like supreme products have the vote then...

lisa_dundee...i've used the wahl diamond white and it really struggled to get the dirt out on her legs (in summer when they weren't too bad!)...tho the rest of her looked great!

*running off to make a list of supreme stuff!*

thanks everyone

scrat

Visit site
Try Treseme deep cleansing shampoo for all over cleaning. This works really well on out traditional piebald cob and brings his feathers and tail up really white. Use warm water if really dirty and remove stains as soon as possible. Not sure what type of horse you have but be careful with chalk on feathers as it can make them look dull. The Supreme stain remover is good for spot cleaning along with cheap white flannels and baby wipes.

Drummer

Visit site
Cowboy magic to keep ontop of stains all the time, fab stuff but my must have is supremes blue rinse powder, I love it soooo much is the best product I have found!

Colleen_Miss_Tom

Somewhere in Ireland up north to the west abit , t
Visit site
Would recommend supreme showing products also .

Would also recommend Dettol when washing .
smile.gif

shhdally

Visit site
For Blaze's white sock, I've recently started to use Blue antibacterial fairy washing up liquid. If rubbed on when the leg is dry, then washed off, then put on again and washed off again, when its dry it comes out bright white.

sydney

Visit site
Tried a few- esp whitening shampoos. Personal favourite is 'Quic Silver Color intensifying shampoo' from exhibitors. Use it on my D's white socks and it is the doggys bits esp if you're patient and give it a good scrub in then leave it 5 mins before rinsing. Never had much success with pastes, usually wash them and let them dry then use any old talcum powder- cheaper the better really as thicker chalkier consistency- slap a load of that on and they're sparkling!

Tried a few polish sprays too and always seem to go back to good old Absorbine Showsheen. Seems to make him the shiniest!

Best thing I've found to get the knots out of his tail and make it lovely and silky- Pantene pro-v smooth and sleek.

Good luck with your showing- remember to post pics!

royal

Visit site
Colleen...dettol?? A drop in the water??
shhdally...fairy liquid!! well I never! I may give that a trial run as its cheap enough!

Lucy - thanks for that - I used to use gold label paste, put on the night before and bandaged but I always found it was hard to get the amount right and usually ended up with pasty looking legs!! Will have a go with the talcum powder!
Absorbine - looked at that but never used it so may give that a go...the cowboy magic one is great but under lights - doesn't really work that well in natural daylight.
Glad you mentioned about the pantene too...hoss has a mega thick tail and its really hard to get it non-straw like!

Thanks for all the tips guys, much appreciated.

Will def do a report but pics depends on how much of a t**t I make of myself!!!