best puppy food??

katie_southwest

Visit site
I feed my little terrier on pedigree puppy tins, or the sachets, she wolfs it down!! This is what she was having when I got her so just kept on with it
smile.gif

Ashkadog

Visit site
When I first got my dog as a very cute pup she was on Eukanuba but I was recommended to change this as it is meant to be a little like rocket fuel. I believe James Wellbeloved, Burns and Arden Grange are to be some of the best but also some of the most expensive. Mine is now fed Arden Grange but OH helps with that but my old lab has always been fed on Bakers and has been absolutely fine. She is 13, deaf and lumpy but still happy and waggy so it cant be that bad for them. As Georgieblue, both mine are fed dry but very much a personel thing.

nijinsky

www.xaraymax.co.uk
My GSD is on Arden Grange too.

I used to have my old dog on Eukanuba but was chatting with someone who worked in Pets At Home/Pet City, can't remember what they call it now and rearch was done into their own brand/Eukanuba/Iams and their own brand came out tops, so we had our Staffie when he was a pup on their own puppy dry/complete biscuits, give it a try, compare the ingredients, plus they are all wheat/glutton (sp)? free. My staffie is still on their own brand but obviously not the puppy one anymore.

Dizzykizzy

Visit site
Best not to change his diet suddenly....keep him on what he's been on and change over gradually.
I fed our pups on Eukanuba and the vet kept telling us she has never seen such a lovely healthy bunch of puppies. That said now they've all gone but our little one I am seriously looking into changing her onto something else as I don't think the composition of Eukanuba is really that great (too much filler). I have been doing loads of research since a recent thread on here put up a link for a dog food analysis site. It is quite mind boggling once you start looking and I can't make my mind up so for now, since it aint broke........

pinktiger

Visit site
oh thanks for the replies, will deffo chat to the breeder and make sure if i need to make a change it wont be sudden... am very xcited about new puppy,,,, wish i could upload pics,,, shes so cute!!!

chevs

Visit site
Hi

My ten month old english pointer is fed on Arden grange. He's doing great on it. As an extremely athletic young man he needs a really good quality food without having to feed it by the bucketful.

When i got him from the breeder he was on chudleys puppy. I hated it as he poo'ed about 10 times a day on it. I changed him onto burns but he was never satisfied on it and was always hungry. I then changed him onto Arden Grange and he's fab. Small stools, not smelly and he's in great shape.

Good Luck