Best quiet clipper/trimmer

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
I have a set of liveryman mustang clippers which are great for my hairy beasty!
smile.gif
However, she is a bit of a sensitive soul and objects to them on her neck and head (no worries anywhere else), so I am looking for a good, but not too expensive very quiet clipper or heavy duty trimmer. I need minimal vibration and as quiet as possible. I have a pair of old human hair clippers which she is fine with, but they cannot cope doing the majority of her neck and head and she ends up looking patchy!!
blush.gif

Any advice/experience appreciated.
Thanks
Lucy

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
I find my Heiniger Progress ones excellent, quiet and comfortable and easy to control. They are mains powered tho, dont know if you are after mains or battery. Cost about £200 and they are suitable for up to small livery yard numbers/frequency.

vicksey

Visit site
Liveryman Harmony - battery pack and mains. Have given my very nervous horse the greatest confidence and now can be fully clipped with half head and ears with no problems at all.

Bugly

Visit site
Another vots for Moser Avalons (distributed by Wahl).....just clipped my loan horses head on Sunday, his owner told me i'd deffo have to twitch him and he was good as gold.

People laugh at me on the yard because I groom my baby with the battery pack and clippers in my pocket buzzing away to get her used to the noise! its a very strange sensation but seems to be de-sensetising her!

TheEngineer

Visit site
They shouldn't laugh! That is a very good method of making a horse used to clippers. I know several very good pro clippers, who hang an old pair of Wolseley Pedigrees in the stable, with no blades on, but the motor running, whilst the horse is in the vicinity. They get used to the noise and are much more amenable when it is time for the real thing!