Best remedy to use on a bald patch?

Jimmy260910

Visit site
Every year when I clip my horse I end up with a bald patch where something has rubbed against my horse (the bald patch is never in the same place) this year its by his girth area, its not sore there's just no hair there, I wondered if anyone knew what I could put on it to make the hair grow back?

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
Whatever you do, DO NOT use MTG - it's sold in tack shops and online as an equine solution to promote hair growth, kills ringworm, helps rain scald etc (made by the same company who make 'Wonder Gel') but I used it on my pony about 3 weeks ago and it burnt him! He had a huge chemical burn on his face with blisters and I had to have the vet up on Christmas eve (see photo). It's only just growing back now. Poor thing :( I've contacted the company and they've not replied.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/112093906@N08/11464551773/in/photostream/

stroppymare153

Visit site
Nothing will speed up hair growth. If cornucrescine (or anything else) actually made hair grow faster they'd have put it into fancy little tubes, changed the perfume and be charging £30 a pop for it in Boots! :)

Adequate biotin is necessary for good quality hair (strong fibres, resistant to breakage) but an excess won't promote faster growth.

rowan666

Visit site
Whatever you do, DO NOT use MTG - it's sold in tack shops and online as an equine solution to promote hair growth, kills ringworm, helps rain scald etc (made by the same company who make 'Wonder Gel') but I used it on my pony about 3 weeks ago and it burnt him! He had a huge chemical burn on his face with blisters and I had to have the vet up on Christmas eve (see photo). It's only just growing back now. Poor thing :( I've contacted the company and they've not replied.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/112093906@N08/11464551773/in/photostream/

Ive used MTG on mine with no ill effect. It worked very well and i would recomend but patch test 1st.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I used Wondergel (Gold Label) when the creature rubbed off all the hair in a line from his forelock down. His hair is re growing from the forelock down, slowly but surely.