Best Saddle Buying website for 2 x 18" W Immaculate Black Country saddles

jnb

Visit site
My expanding cob has expanded right out of both my old cob's saddles (lucky I got 2 years out of them I guess)
My new saddle is due this week (prays to saddle gods) and I don't *think* the saddler has sold either of mine on his travels.
Both are 18 W Black Country - one GPD - Their VSD - in Vintage (slightly grippy) Black - V Good condition
The other a Havana precursor to the Black Country Classic (they didn't make a straight show saddle then!) - GPD seat but Working Hunter flaps with hidden knee rolls, reverse doeskin seat and knees, absolutely immaculate.

Has anyone sold direct to one of the saddle sellers? Which are best for price to the seller - I know of Saddles Direct, Sheepham, anyone else?
Thank you (Skint of Shropshire :( )

doodle

Visit site
Saddles direct say they are crying out for saddles, that they are all in high demand and they can’t keep up. Please contact them if you have a saddle for sale. So I asked if they would take mine. They would but would give me about 25% of what they would sell for. When I quieried they said due to the circumstances atm they couldn’t offer much.

Sheepham said that wasn’t a saddle they would buy but they would take to sell for me. But that they had a lot of the same saddle (Albion SLK) so would take ages to sell.

I sold privately via facebook

Reactions: jnb

dixie

Visit site
As above, both Sheepham Saddles and Saddles Direct.
Saddles Direct gave me a really low price quotation for my saddle even if just sold on commission - whereas Sheepham were more optimistic and also local to me.
I've also had success with Facebook and Preloved - but you need to be either patient or lucky.

ITPersonnage

Visit site
I had a better experience with Saddles Direct, they had my Black Country Optima for a good price. Pretty sure they sold my Equipe too. This was a few years ago though.

jnb

Visit site
Thank you. I think the show saddle will sell easily once showing actually starts again (!) because there's a huge demand for big cob/hunter saddles that don't give a ride judge nothing to sit on!
The VSD, is a lovely comfy saddle for anything with a shoulder so I expect that will go too, just hoping not to sell them for a £100 each as new, both are currently listed at £1550-1700!

catkin

Visit site
Do Black Country themselves still have their second-hand and wanted listings on their website? if so you may find that someone is looking for those exact saddle.

Reactions: jnb

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I would put them on here first it's a used saddle site for wide saddles that way you won't pay a commission all the money is yours.

I admin the site and it's tricky with some of these saddles, it has to be a decent combo of a wide and flat tree, panels etc. It JUST qualifies on the wide, the flat is open to interpretation, the Classic show saddle would qualify and I list most of the GPDs and Hartleys but they're not truly flat. I get flack whatever I do :rolleyes::D

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I admin the site and it's tricky with some of these saddles, it has to be a decent combo of a wide and flat tree, panels etc. It JUST qualifies on the wide, the flat is open to interpretation, the Classic show saddle would qualify and I list most of the GPDs and Hartleys but they're not truly flat. I get flack whatever I do :rolleyes::D

I can imagine it's hard to decide what qualifies and some people just think it's a second hand saddle site I have noticed, I always look on there as both of mine are xx wide and I show them so it's ideal for me.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I can imagine it's hard to decide what qualifies and some people just think it's a second hand saddle site I have noticed, I always look on there as both of mine are xx wide and I show them so it's ideal for me.

People think it's for anything, they're lazy and just click on all the groups they're in, I get a ton of rugs, clothing etc but get a lot of non-horsey stuff, last week was a load of roof tiles from a new joiner! It's a lot of work.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
People think it's for anything, they're lazy and just click on all the groups they're in, I get a ton of rugs, clothing etc but get a lot of non-horsey stuff, last week was a load of roof tiles from a new joiner! It's a lot of work.

I don't do Facebook for that reason I have a a very slight admiration for you